Telephone Portal Number List (US)

I have searched through, best I can, these message to find a list of the Telephone Portal numbers and can not find one. I know of 763-230-0000 however, was wondering if there are others in the US.

The web Portal website says “See the support page for the list of dial-in phone numbers.” however, there is not a single phone number their and I have not found the list in the Wiki either.

Help.

Hmm, do we REALLY want a public list of access numbers that allow any id10t to dial in from the pstn? If I want reverse patch capabilities and control operator functions accessible from the pstn on my node I may add them. But it’s going to take a lot more than just knowing a phone number to authenticate and the I certainly don’t think it’s a good idea to put such numbers on a public list anywhere. I can’t speak for there’s, but I value my ham license more than just opening my node to just any Joe Schmo that dials past. Just imagine the ads for little blue pills, service workers from rural Nevada, and small quantities of chemical substances now decriminalized under Oregon law that my node could carry and spread through the whole allstar network!

Eric
AF6EP

Sent using SMTP.

···

On Nov 9, 2020, at 11:13 AM, John Smyder via AllStarLink Discussion Groups noreply@community.allstarlink.org wrote:

| w5jws
November 9 |

• | - |

I have searched through, best I can, these message to find a list of the Telephone Portal numbers and can not find one. I know of 763-230-0000 however, was wondering if there are others in the US.

The web Portal website says “See the support page for the list of dial-in phone numbers.” however, there is not a single phone number their and I have not found the list in the Wiki either.

Help.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

So providing a call in list will not do anyone any good unless they have a PIN so, sharing that list would facilitate those of us with PIN finding a Telephone Portal that works for our location.

That was all I was asking for.

So how does one distribute and manage the PIN numbers? Seems like the same problem as distributing the phone numbers themselves. That said how does one get a pin to use these numbers?

Eric
Af6ep

Sent using SMTP.

···

On Nov 9, 2020, at 6:01 PM, John Smyder via AllStarLink Discussion Groups noreply@community.allstarlink.org wrote:

| w5jws
November 10 |

• | - |

So providing a call in list will not do anyone any good unless they have a PIN so, sharing that list would facilitate those of us with PIN finding a Telephone Portal that works for our location.

That was all I was asking for.

In Reply To

| eric.fort.listmail
November 9 |

• | - |

Hmm, do we REALLY want a public list of access numbers that allow any id10t to dial in from the pstn? If I want reverse patch capabilities and control operator functions accessible from the pstn on my node I may add them. But it’s going to take a lot more than just knowing a phone number to authenti…

Previous Replies

| eric.fort.listmail
November 9 |

• | - |

Hmm, do we REALLY want a public list of access numbers that allow any id10t to dial in from the pstn? If I want reverse patch capabilities and control operator functions accessible from the pstn on my node I may add them. But it’s going to take a lot more than just knowing a phone number to authenticate and the I certainly don’t think it’s a good idea to put such numbers on a public list anywhere. I can’t speak for there’s, but I value my ham license more than just opening my node to just any Joe Schmo that dials past. Just imagine the ads for little blue pills, service workers from rural Nevada, and small quantities of chemical substances now decriminalized under Oregon law that my node could carry and spread through the whole allstar network!

Eric
AF6EP

Sent using SMTP.

··· (click for more details)

| w5jws
November 9 |

• | - |

Help.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Simply by providing it in YOUR account settings that only YOU can see.
(removed some text for security reason)

You can select on the node settings if you want your node to be accessible if the pin is not enough for you.