Node 51059 Missing from Active Nodes page

Hi Admin/Programmers:

I can’t find my node on the active list page (http://stats.allstarlink.org/). Does it need “trimming”? It does show up on the ALLStar Node List page (https://www.allstarlink.org/nodelist/) after filter it using W6AQT. Please investigate. I even entered my IP address in Server setup page.

Second issue. I’m trying to use the Web Transciever. I loaded IE 11 and enabled Java. I see the keyboard. Good, so far. The left window box that’s supposed to show my node status is blank. I assume that means I’m not logged in. My browser can only bring up the “new” home page, not the “old” home page where the log in boxes were on the left panel. The “new” log in box will not allow me to use my node password.

How can I log into the Web Transceiver using my node password?

Thanks
James Abron
W6AQT

Hello James,

Welcome to AllStar. On the stats page problem; first be sure your node shows on the Nodes List with a green background on you node number. If not, you’re node is not registered and you’ll need to work on that first. Second, be sure the two lines in rpt.conf to post to stats server are uncommented. Some AllStar versions have a menu setting to enable stats.

On the Webtransceiver; That’s unlikely to ever work because Java is not supported on any modern web browser. However, there is one browser called Pale Moon which some people have made work. Have a look at this wiki page for more details. The Webtransceiver was never stable so even if you do get it working don’t expect much.

An alternative to the Webtransceiver is Zoiper, a mobile app. Have a look a this post for more information.

Let us know if you have any questions and how it goes.

Tom:

Thanks for responding so quickly. There is no green background around my node number. That’s AllStar’s way of telling me what? How do I register my node. I thought that was taken care of when the node number was issued.

I’ve read other posts that refer to having uncommented lines. Where do I find “rpt. conf” to fix this? I have looked at the two setup screens for server and node. Not there as far as I can see.

I tried Pale Moon and Sea Monkey. No joy. The old version of IE was the only browser that worked - as far as getting the Java controls on the Webtransceiver page to appear. Of course I went through the steps on the Wiki pdf to change the Java Control Panel as well as the browser controls.

Where do I input the password that came with the node number email? This is a different password that the one I initially setup when I first logged onto AllStar Link from the home page. The node password does not work there (for sign-in on the home page.

Thanks again for your help.

James A

W6AQT

···

On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 9:32 AM Tim Sawyer via AllStarLink Discussion Groups noreply@community.allstarlink.org wrote:

wd6awp

ASL Admin

January 27

Hello James,

Welcome to AllStar. On the stats page problem; first be sure your node shows on the Nodes List with a green background on you node number. If not, you’re node is not registered and you’ll need to work on that first. Second, be sure the two lines in rpt.conf to post to stats server are uncommented. Some AllStar versions have a menu setting to enable stats.

On the Webtransceiver; That’s unlikely to ever work because Java is not supported on any modern web browser. However, there is one browser called Pale Moon which some people have made work. Have a look at this wiki page for more details. The Webtransceiver was never stable so even if you do get it working don’t expect much.

An alternative to the Webtransceiver is Zoiper, a mobile app. Have a look a this post for more information.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

James,

login to your node and type: sudo asterisk -rvvv

you should then be in the asterisk command line interface ( CLI ) for short.

···

==================================================================

Connected to Asterisk 1535 currently running on rptr (pid = 29510)

Verbosity is at least 3

rptr*CLI>

type: iax2 show registry

(You should see something like this)

rptr*CLI> iax2 show registry

Host dnsmgr Username Perceived Refresh State

44.98.254.145:4569 Y 49203 YOU.R.IP.HERE:4569 60 Registered

this will show what your node is trying to do for registration.

make sure the node number and password are correct

https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/Beginners_Guide#Edit_Node_settings for example.

and the line is not commented out with a semi-colon ( ; ) at the beginning of the line

https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/Iax.conf example.

Marshall - ke6pcv

From: James A. Abron via AllStarLink Discussion Groups [mailto:noreply@community.allstarlink.org]
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2020 10:51 AM
To: ke6pcv@cal-net.org
Subject: [AllStarLink Discussion Groups] [App_rpt-users] Node 51059 Missing from Active Nodes page

JamesAbron
January 27

Tom:

Thanks for responding so quickly. There is no green background around my node number. That’s AllStar’s way of telling me what? How do I register my node. I thought that was taken care of when the node number was issued.

I’ve read other posts that refer to having uncommented lines. Where do I find “rpt. conf” to fix this? I have looked at the two setup screens for server and node. Not there as far as I can see.

I tried Pale Moon and Sea Monkey. No joy. The old version of IE was the only browser that worked - as far as getting the Java controls on the Webtransceiver page to appear. Of course I went through the steps on the Wiki pdf to change the Java Control Panel as well as the browser controls.

Where do I input the password that came with the node number email? This is a different password that the one I initially setup when I first logged onto AllStar Link from the home page. The node password does not work there (for sign-in on the home page.

Thanks again for your help.

James A

W6AQT

··· (click for more details)

In Reply To

wd6awp ASL Admin
January 27

Hello James, Welcome to AllStar. On the stats page problem; first be sure your node shows on the Nodes List with a green background on you node number. If not, you’re node is not registered and you’ll need to work on that first. Second, be sure the two lines in rpt.conf to post to stats server are …

Previous Replies

wd6awp ASL Admin
January 27

Hello James,

JamesAbron
January 27

Hi Admin/Programmers:

I can’t find my node on the active list page (http://stats.allstarlink.org/). Does it need “trimming”? It does show up on the ALLStar Node List page (https://www.allstarlink.org/nodelist/) after filter it using W6AQT. Please investigate. I even entered my IP address in Server setup page.

Second issue. I’m trying to use the Web Transciever. I loaded IE 11 and enabled Java. I see the keyboard. Good, so far. The left window box that’s supposed to show my node status is blank. I assume that means I’m not logged in. My browser can only bring up the “new” home page, not the “old” home page where the log in boxes were on the left panel. The “new” log in box will not allow me to use my node password.

How can I log into the Web Transceiver using my node password?

Thanks
James Abron
W6AQT

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

James,

Check the NAT settings on your router. Your node’s private IP address appears to be leaking through, somehow, and isn’t getting blocked by your ISP (that’s unusual!). Your reported registration data shows an IP of: 192.168.0.137, which definitely won’t work!

73, David KB4FXC