iaxRpt disconnects after 45 seconds

I might suggest the following conf if it is just you as the admin.

iax conf

[wiaxuser]
type = user
context = wiax
auth = md5
secret = passw
host = dynamic
disallow = all
allow = ulaw
allow = adpcm
allow = gsm
notransfer = yes

and for the ext conf, use your node numbers.

[wiax]
exten => 29284,1,rpt(29284|X)
exten => 29285,1,rpt(29285|X)
exten => 48335,1,rpt(48335|X)

your win iaxrpt would be
account name = (node #)
user = wiaxuser
pass = passw

The scheme you are using is more for multi outside users and ability to ID them in the system.
Keep it simple stupid -KISS it.

That scheme above will allow you to fully connect and control each node with full transparency.
No time-out.

Likely, you have been floating around with NOCID and being disconnected by link inactivity timer.
It requires you create a proper name of ‘callsign’ for users. And your scheme is not doing that.
Just a guess.

Many thanks, I’ll try this.
Would this still work with a connected radio?
I’ve plans to connect a R1 interface with my Motorola as a node radio.
Really appreciate your help.

Think of it as a magic window. At least the set-up I listed. Not intended for outside users. Just admin and/or a very trusted admin(s).

You make the connection to a node. You are now ‘the node’.

You can not see the connection from allmon , supermon etc.and you can’t boot them off by command either. At least not with a asl command. Asterisk and OS is new story.

The scheme you had about half of is for a user entry system. Allowing outside users to log-in and be counted and visible as a user to a node at a time. With CID, they would be visible and seen in allmon or the connection list and can be booted off by command.

I would suggest you remove any entries in iax.conf and extension.conf that are not being used or at least comment them out in their entirety. Security being the top issue but not the only one.
But it does make it easier to understand at a minimum.

oh… yes, it would not change anything if the node is connected to any radio interface of any type.
Your connection is iax2

All connects and does display on supermon2 when I connect but still disconnected after 45 seconds.
Mmm…

If you are using HAMVOIP, you will need to check with their support.
That is not how it would act with standard ASL if you used the stanza/setup I provided.

Hope you are well.
Many thanks for your help, it really is appreciated.

I think I may have found something that may help, hopefully.
Connecting with iaxRpt and using myphone-iaxrpt it disconnected as usual
after the 45 seconds.
However if I remove the callsign in Preferences>CallerID and leave number as
0 it stays connected.
It’s the callsign that’s causing the issue.
Does that help in the problem please?

If you are using the stanza’s I put forth above, you do not need or want a caller ID in iaxrpt.
‘0’/default in that case is fine. I do not use anything and never have as admin.
Again, those stanzas are for admin/sysop .

There can be other reasons for using it. Not this one.

Have 45sec disconnect on 2 different nodes and they hope to solve the mystery as well.

49562 - unknown
45140 - hamvoip

My node 48654 is v2 of allstarlink (not hamvoip)

Can you be specific ?
What is getting disconnected from what ?

Various nodes get disconnected from the 2 nodes listed after 45secs.

rpt.conf

;lnkactenable = 0 ; Set to 1 to enable the link activity timer. Applicable to standard nodes only.

;lnkacttime = 1800 ; Link activity timer time in seconds.
;lnkactmacro = *52 ; Function to execute when link activity timer expires.
;lnkacttimerwarn = 30seconds ; Message to play when the link activity timer has 30 seconds left.

Are you using hamvoip software ?
the recent update in Dec-Jan has some problems, I have the cures but just want to know if you are using hamvoip or AllStarLink

I guess I need to look over this forum closer, i just replied to a year old message

The last few messages are current. As I mentioned I am using ASL and at least one of the nodes I get disconnected from runs hamvoip.Thx.

The problem with node 49562 is that it’s setup as a “remote base” in the allstarlink portal. Here is the nodelist info:

49562=radio@74.132.115.111:4549/49562,74.132.115.111,y

The original remote base mode isn’t supported in HamVoIP, since no IAX2 link messages get sent when enabled as a “remote base.” HamVoIP requires link message (aka: heartbeats) at least every 45 seconds.

The simple solution is to just turn off the “remote base” mode by setting: “Is node a remote base station” to “No” in the allstarlink.org, “Node settings” section list.

73, David K4FXC

1 Like

Thank you David I will pass this info along and see if it helps resolve the issue!

I am having the same issue w/ 49562. I have forwarded the “remote base” setting comment to one of the local administrators associated with this node. Thanks for the good info!

The “remote base” setting on 49562 has been changed. Thank you AE5ME for doing so!

David your expert advice solved the problem! I tested 49562 after they toggled their remote base setting and I was not disconnected. I hope this thread will help others in the future.
Thanks again!
Clifford

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.