An inexpensive radio-less setup--just add a USB headset!

Bus 001 Device 006: ID 0d8c:0014 C-Media Electronics, Inc.

Mine doesn’t have the Unitek, but same ID.
I have it running on Hamvoip. I don’t have an ASL version running on a pi, just Vultr, so can’t check…

Would be mighty helpful to see working examples of rpt.conf and simple_tune_usb_[node#].conf. My USB device is recognized but I can’t get audio in/out of it.

@tsalzer I’m in the same boat. I have audio working on the system but can’t get Asterisk to recognize the headset.

Looking back over this thread I don’t see anyone with evidence they have it working on an ASL image, only the HamVOIP image. I’m trying to find the difference between the two. I’m thinking compiling a new chan_simpleusb.so with some logic to match the Mpow will do it.

@AI3I Do you have any further info on how you got yours working? You were using an ASL image, correct?

The problem likely lays with the idea that not all mpow’s are the same.
I think some older ones used the cm108
Now likely cm119 or something much newer.

And the problem with that is the address lines used for cos/ptt are not going to be the same.

Yes, if you wanted to figure that out I think you could and just adjust that in the source and recompile.
Seems like a lot more work than other methods. Personal choice I guess.
But you are going to have to tear your own apart and find the chip# first as I suspect there may be 3-4 varieties.

I thought the same, but looking at chan_simpleusb.c I’m seeing the same ID (0x0d8c) for the vendor ID. I’m thinking maybe the product ID isn’t matching, so I’m going to try building with a change there to match 0014.

I don’t recollect at all…it was just one of those things where it was more fun to tinker and discover than I really had a committed purpose for using. I don’t believe I had anything special setup–mostly anything simpleusb would accomplish for any CM108 behavior.

The chip is a HS-100b
It works with ptt as is (vol down button) , but I don’t know how to get a cos out of it
Mike N3IDS