Zoiper For iPhone Issues

I have followed the directions for configuring Zoiper on my node and on my iPhone. The Zoiper app, when attempting to register with my node, just sits there for a few minutes, then times out. I know I have the User and Password correct on the iPhone, and the node address is the node IP address with the :5038 port. If I take the port away, it immediately fails.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Scott
N4UPC

1 Like

OK so port 5038 is the Asterisk manager port.
It should not be used in Zoiper config for targeting a server to make a call.
You want to use IAX via port 4569 if you’re following the regular instructions floating around.
(Only change this port up/down if you’re running multiple nodes behind same router.)

So:
Target the Node with port :4569 in the address instead.
Make sure you’re making an IAX connection and not a SIP connection.

Hope this helps.
Byron

1 Like

Thanks Byron!

I am making an IAX connection, and I changed the port to :4569. Now when it tries to register, it comes back with: (16)

I cannot find a list of error codes on the internet, so I have no idea what that error code means.

1 Like

Take a look at tases instructions.

1 Like

I put at the bottom of iax.conf and extensions.conf the lines in each file, and edited the lines in iax.conf to reflect my user ID and password.

I then restarted Asterisk. Here is what my iPad Zoiper setup looks like (screenshot). I have no clue what could be wrong. I am positive that my user ID and password are correct. Thank you in advance. N4UPC

1 Like

I haven’t really played with mine in about a year and a half but I know when I was I had various issues connecting to different devices and programs such as zoiper. What I found was there seems to be an invisible character in the all-star iax.conf file. What I had to do was completely retype the file without copying and pasting. Once that was done things connected with no issue. Let me know if that fixes your problem or not. It’s worth a shot.

1 Like

Thanks! i might just try that.