What is the correct syntax in the schedule in rpt.conf?

Chuck, this may be a new issue for you that is easy to resolve.
Gonna have to give you ‘the lecture’ hi hi

Be sure you have no commands that start with *98 as a *980, *981 would never execute.
Asterisk always executes on ‘first match’.

Best to keep all of your commands in numerical order in rpt.conf so you don’t have confusing moments like this.
Of course, I am guessing here, but likely.

Thanks, Mike. I’m sure you can tell that I’m new to all this. I’ll take any lecture you can offer.
I’m going to look at this later. Right now, I’m kinda burned out on it. Just getting the wav files over to the Pi boot disk left me with the attitude that I would have to revisit this once my brain settled down a bit.
Thanks for the advice!

de N0ATC
Chuck

Mike, I see that commands 6 & 8 ~ 9 and A ~ D are user defined functions. Maybe I could point them to the /msg folder.

Well Chuck,
I might not be much help since I have had my own command structure in use for more than a decade and the defaults have changed over time. I have to look them up to advise and that would depend on when you started your command set/first used version.
But, what I said above holds true, that you should keep your commands in numeric order to avoid confilicts when adding. i e
You can add digits to existing 2 digits to expand the sequence to 3 digits and avoid issues.
But by default, ABCD are not used in the command list. Been that way because telephone control would lack them.

Hope that helps.

I’m confused about recording my audio files in Audacity. I downloaded the how-to PDF, but it appears to be for an older version of Audacity. Exporting the audio file doesn’t work like it should.
I’ve tries several methods, but I still can’t play an audio file from the repeater.
Is there an up to date version on how to use Audacity? Is there different software that might make recording easier?

Sorry, I am not much help here as well.
Perhaps others will chime in.

But you might want to say exactly what you are doing so we might see what you are doing incorrectly.

Just some notes that file-type is case sensitive.
.wav and .WAV are 2 different file-types. One of those is raw.
And that whatever your format, you must be loading the codec in the modules.conf
Those would be the top 2 from the top of my head. (or bottom if looking up)

But the default format is .ulaw and is assumed.

Mike, I got it to work! I found an older version of Audacity online.
My next question is, how do you play those messages over linked systems?

localplay -plays only on the local node.

playback -plays on all connected.

Guessing you may find more info in the wiki.

A word of caution…
If you play a lot of messages with playback while connected to other nodes, you might find yourself on a quick path to being blacklisted by node owner/op. Not everyone will give you feedback beforehand.
Just be sure to think what you are doing through.

Well, since all the connected repeaters are mine, it won’t be an issue. I don’t intend to play messages ad nausem, anyway. Just announcements of Nets and group meetings.
Thanks for your response.

Thanks to everyone who responded. All of you helped me to better understand this. My questions have been answered and my problems resolved. Thanks to all of you.

de N0ATC
Chuck

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.