Voter Primary/Backup Servers

@wd6awp

I believe you run backup servers for your RTCM’s. So maybe you could clarify this for me.

When going off of this:
; isprimary = y ; used in redundant server applications only. must be set on the primary server only
; primary = 10.20.20.1:667,mypaswd ; used in redundant server applications only. must be ONLY set on the secondary server to point to the primary

I’ve setup two servers, a primary and a backup, and have setup the voter.conf as specified with those parameters. isprimary = y is only defined on the primary servers voter.conf file, and primary = 10.20.20.1:667,mypasswd (of course using my info) in the backup servers voter.conf file for each RTCM. The question I have is on the backup server, do you setup a second set of nodes with different node numbers in rpt.conf for when the RTCM’s fail over to the backup server? I wouldn’t imagine that you would use the same node numbers on the backup server for the RTCM’s.

Thanks,
Ian - K6IAN

I would think you’d build the second server just like the first, but I’ve never set up a backup server for the RTCMs.

Take a look at RTCM Channel Driver - AllStarLink Wiki if you’ve not already.

Hmmmm…

Not sure if I am missing something. I followed the Wiki you referenced. The backup is connecting, but immediately losing connection…

These are sitting on the bench next to each other, on the same network. No firewall rules enabled yet.

This is what I am seeing on the backup server with asterisk -rvvv. It flips every one second.

Node 1900 is the dummy node only defined in voter.conf as described in the wiki here:

• In the “primary” server, there needs to be a “primary connectivity” client specified for each “secondary” server for which it is “primary”. Basically, this is a client that does NOTHING other then providing a means by which the “secondary” can determine whether the “primary” is on line.
    • It is a standard chan/voter client, with nothing else specified other then its password. Again, although it is a “legitimate” client (technically), its only purpose MUST be to allow the secondary server to connect to it.

So, node 1900 on the primary server has the same password following what has been set on each node that is defined on the backup server in voter.conf, following this protocol:

; primary = 10.20.20.1:667,mypaswd ; used in redundant server applications only. must be ONLY set on the secondary server to point to the primary

Here is what asterisk -rvvv is showing on the primary server with voter debug set to 1 :

Hmmm…

Hopefully this is supposed to be the end result…

The wiki did state to permanent link the two servers together.

If not, hopefully someone that has set a primary and secondary server up for RTCM’s can chime in… :slight_smile: