Voip keyup *99 location

I am not looking for opinions, I am looking for technical facts. I want to add a cw character when the *99 keyup command actually is successful from a voip phone. I have *0 working just fine for unkeying, *0# is easy to send from a voip phone to unkey, and nice to know that you were successful in unkeying, now I want to know my *99 was accepted, so I am looking for the location of the cop command so I can alter it.

No can do. Not a COP command.
It’s a built-in function only when it is designated as a phone input. Unchangeable as a user setting.

I sent this to Hamvoip forum but it still hasn’t been published so I thought I would share here.

Dave Petrie wa2kjc@gmail.com Wed, Oct 4, 6:14 PM (7 days ago)

to ARM

I finally figured out how to hear something when my keyup *99 command is sent from my voip deskphone connected to my hamvoip node.

As is with linux and any other troubleshooting exercise, finding it is the challenge but fixing it is always easier.

I programed in rpt.conf [functions40039] 40039 is my node

0=localplay,/etc/asterisk/local/e

e is a cw e character i made, i have a document for how-to, email me and i will send it to you

propagate_phonedtmf = no

propagate_dtmf = no

so now after i connect to my node using my voip deskphone i hit 099 on my phone keypad

and i here the cw e and i know i am transmitting audio.

when i want to go back to listening i send *0# and i hear the cw e and then i stop transmitting audio.

notice i used localplay so the cw e is only heard on my node with my repeater connected.

I really like Hamvoip, playing with it every week trying different things.

Dave

copy and paste doesn’t always work, i added the star * in front of 0 and 99 when sending keyup

so now after i connect to my node using my voip deskphone i hit 099 on my phone keypad

If I understand you correctly,
you created a new command and not altered the COP command for phone TX.

Just a couple of notes for others on this while I can not say the differences using hamvoip.

I know posts here have a issue with formatting of some characters but
a cw char must be ‘preceded’ by a pipe character " | " (normally found above the backslash)
so a cw e would look like this |e in your configs

So you created your own sound file for |e and put it in localplay,/etc/asterisk/local/
You could shorten that with
localplay,|e

Just one additional note…
one must be careful starting a command with just a zero “0” if you use phone patch , you may need to change the patch hangup command. Older standards used *0 for patch hangup but I think the defaults are 2 digit starting with a 6 now. But a look in you config never hurts since I carry my older configs across 3 versions of the software, I still use a zero.

But as well a single digit command makes the digit inoperable for other longer commands starting with the same digit.
ie
only *0 will execute when you attempt anything longer in a command.
A asterisk thing that accepts the ‘first matched command’. Never sees the longer commands.

Just things to weigh or check.

But I’m glad you found a way to get what you want.
I just wanted to explain the rest before some pull their hair out when something else does not work or work the way expected trying this.

As an edit:
I would correct myself in saying that the remote tx key is command-able.
It is
xx=cop,6

I had this one confused with one other that is not changeable and found it in my files, which was not sitting in my normal organization of commands for some reason.
I would like to think it was a product of age, but I have issues sometimes with memory since I was young. LOL

But a word of caution when changing this to something ‘easier’ I noted above and goes to the heart of command structure within asterisk.