Using Ezstream w/ ASL on Debian buster

Hello folks,

Has anyone had success following the Wiki for installing ezstream (of either version) on Debian buster? I have a KVM-based node that I have configured as a hub, and I have tried to install ezstream on it, but it keeps failing the compile (error 1 and error 2 at the end). Consequently when checking asterisk, it keeps showing me it tries to start the stream, but it’s not successful. The exstream log lists a “permission denied” error (which is puzzling). This was after solving the libxml2 errors I had fixed by additionally loading libxml2-dev.

So I thought I’d punt and try to load an older version of ezstream (0.56) but apparently it’s no longer in the apt repository…or I don’t have that particular repository in my sources.list at all. The wiki isn’t entirely clear.

Anybody been down this road before?

Carl, K6CRS/VE6CS

Carl, I can’t speak to anything specific to EZSTRAM, but the issue ‘looks like’ a firewall origin.

Mike, I can’t see that it’s a firewall issue, as it’s unrestricted outbound and inbound has port 80 allowed (which is called out in ezstream.xml). Thanks for the note though.

If you are running fail2ban and it makes several unsuccessful attempts (like while you are still setting up),
it will impose a block.

But you should see more than I. It’s just a path to check.

Could also be a file permission/ownership issue.

I can’t tell anything from one line error. You have to look at it in context to what it was doing during the error. So, what does the ezstream log show that it was doing/trying just before the error?