Unable to email admin help desk "Do not have permission...)"

The message I received back immediately from the help desk is that “You do not have permission to communicate with RT”.

I wanted to know if I need an account to connect to AllStar before I get my own node?

Hi Don,
You need an account on the portal to create your node.

If you go to allstarlink.org you can register for an account and then request a node number be assigned.

Hope this helps,
Mike
kb8zgl

yes you have to create an account and request anode #.but not RT. You go to allstarlink.org.

···

On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 8:46 PM Don Hill via AllStarLink Discussion Groups <noreply@community.allstarlink.org> wrote:

| don2
December 31 |

• | - |

The message I received back immediately from the help desk is that “You do not have permission to communicate with RT”.

I wanted to know if I need an account to connect to AllStar before I get my own node?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Thanks, I’ll do that. What is RT?

Thanks, I’ll register soon.

Hi Mike,

What is RT? I saw it in the message I received and seen it several times in other context.

RT was the Helpdesk/ticketing software that Allstarlink was using, but it appears that is no longer functioning and so until email routing go cleared up several emails may have gone to the old RT system (which is now PTTLink from what I can tell). Hope that helps.

You can read more about what RT is/was here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Request_Tracker

That helps a lot. Thanks

We have fixed the problem we were having with helpdesk@allstarlink.org. Please try to email us again.