Two URI's For COS over-ride

Spent a bit of time hunting down info on two uri’s, but no luck. Looking to use one for receive and one for transmit. I am looking to over ride cos and allow ptt anytime. Any help is appreciated.

While there may be a more direct way of doing it, I would not know what that is.
Perhaps someone will chime in.

My suggestion is to use 2 nodes and 2 uri’s. The nodes can be public/private in any mix.
Just link them together permanently at startup using a startup macro.
Just connect what you need (cos/ptt) on each.

I would agree with Mike. Each node can only have one usb assigned to it (that I know of). What do you mean “over ride cos and allow ptt anytime”. COS will not stop the radio from keying.

Yes I agree with you about cos in general. If you use USRP driver, I am finding that’s not the case. Was thinking there maybe a solution with two uri’s. Thought I read something about that?

Thanks for the response.

Thanks for the input!

I am not up on all acronyms so help me here. What is cos?

Carrier Operated Switch. It is a voltage that indicates the squelch is open, that there is a signal on the receiver. Also known as COR, carrier operated relay.

What is the goal here? Do you have a simplex node and your want to function your node while it’s transmitting from a link connection?

https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/Terminology

“Do you have a simplex node and your want to function your node while it’s transmitting from a link connection?”

Yes, your above statement works fine for simpleusb driver in full duplex. I finding it does not for USRP driver.

The goal is to have a radio less hub using USRP driver ptt a node, when its squelch is open.

All other nodes on the network can do this, but they are using simpleusb driver in full duplex.

David, correct me if I am wrong, but you jumped a unanswered question similar in the group.io/allstar thread and I just wanted to post a solution you seemed to like since I know now what you were after.
Which the original question was….
Is it possible to configure ASL via USRP be set up to allow PTT regardless of the presence of an incoming signal?

Apologies if a dumb question, my knowledge of all this stuff is low.
And my answer was…
You could attach it to a private node and connect that private node for monitor only
But you will have dual audio.
You can reduce that audio to ‘monitored’ connections with a setting in rpt.conf in the nodes stanza.

linkmongain = -18 ; Link Monitor Gain adjusts the audio level of monitored nodes when a signal from another node or the local receiver is received.
; If linkmongain is set to a negative number the monitored audio will decrease by the set amount in db.
; If linkmongain set to a positive number monitored audio will increase by the set amount in db.
; The value of linkmongain is in db. The default value is 0 db.

So come back and let everyone know if you made it work and/or what you adjusted to make it work so it helps others in search of the same.

Thanks for the idea, but a no go.

I might guess that you had issues with the private node timing-out if you did not strip some of the safety away. Or had it autodisconnect or something like that.

But perhaps you can give us a exact ‘what you are doing’ so we can help better.
It’s a bit hard to do when we don’t understand the exact parameters.

The bottom line is if USRP driver has a receive input, USRP driver does not allow any other state. It ignore COS.

If it is attached to a private node that is connect in monitor only, what other state does it need to see ?
Or even could it see ?
I’m confused.

If you key cos via a connected node public or private, via simpleusb driver, then the node will ptt and override the USRP driver. Interfacing via USRP on the same node public or private will not override the receive input and transmit. USRP is really used for digital plate forms and you do not want to ptt until server drops. I get it, but hate squelch operation for my application, though it works. Sometime in life the answer is just no…lol.

As of now, connection directly via a node works flawlessly. The HTML client works great for receive, but no one is ptting it based on squelch setting.

This all started to use my ICOM 7300, for a net. When condition do not allow. Its a local connect option for others. Not everyone does allstar and I thought using the web was a good option. Squelch and SSB do not mix well for weak stations.

Hate going down some of those rabbit holes LOL
I’m sorry I’m still a bit confused. Thanks for the better explanation.
I wonder how the private node that is connected to the usrp and connected to a public node in rx only would ever see a cos/ptt ?

Can I assume the icom is the device connected usrp ?

Should mention there is a VOX option.
I know it is not really documented anymore, but I think I have saved data on it.
Just not sure I have notes for setting the threshold.

This is a dead end, zero option unless you want to rewrite python code. Subject closed.