TS-480 COR Pickup point

I’m going to setup a TS-480 for 6 & 10 meters on FM only. Looking at the service manual, I don’t see any obvious COR pickup point for FM squelch active, anyone here have experience?

w0sky

Data connector pin6 not doing it? I think, though, that may only respond to carrier squelch but not respond to PL.
GeorgeC W2DB

Thanks, I don’t have the radio on me to test for another week so just wanted to see if someone did it.

Thanks much I’ll try that pin on data connector

···

On Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 12:12 PM George Csahanin via AllStarLink Discussion Groups <noreply@community.allstarlink.org> wrote:

| George_Csahanin
November 18 |

• | - |

Data connector pin6 not doing it? I think, though, that may only respond to carrier squelch but not respond to PL.
GeorgeC W2DB

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

I have one somewhere and I’ll try this tomorrow

···

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 18, 2020, at 1:34 PM, Skyler w0sky via AllStarLink Discussion Groups noreply@community.allstarlink.org wrote:

| Electricity440
November 18 |

• | - |

Thanks, I don’t have the radio on me to test for another week so just wanted to see if someone did it.

Thanks much I’ll try that pin on data connector

··· (click for more details)

In Reply To

| George_Csahanin
November 18 |

• | - |

Data connector pin6 not doing it? I think, though, that may only respond to carrier squelch but not respond to PL. GeorgeC W2DB

It may only be accessible via software . Check out ARCP-480

Skylar I checked the TS-480 a few moments ago. Pin 6 on the Data connector does follow the carrier squelch but NOT PL decode. So if in PL decode mode (“CT”) it will change state with just a carrier. I think I went over this with a guy using a TS2000 a month or so back.

So if carrier squelch works for you its ok, and it needs a pull up resistor. See,s to be open collector output. I did pull up to +5V with 10K. The manual notes to keep the pull up voltage below 7V but I figure 5 is safer.

And this holds for both 6 meters and 10 meters. But to me, using this for remote base I don’t se it working out well. You’d get keyups from carrier but no audio unless they had PL on their transmit signal on the right tone.

So I looked to see if there is a discriminator or wideband out that can be used in Asterisk usbradio to decode PL but nope its speaker audio. You can see a very small amount of tone coming through but I’m talking tone level down maybe 30 db from peak audio, that won’t decode well.

GeorgeC W2DB
2360/28599

Thank you for your information, that is great info to know.

···

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 9:47 AM George Csahanin via AllStarLink Discussion Groups <noreply@community.allstarlink.org> wrote:

| George_Csahanin
November 19 |

• | - |

Skylar I checked the TS-480 a few moments ago. Pin 6 on the Data connector does follow the carrier squelch but NOT PL decode. So if in PL decode mode (“CT”) it will change state with just a carrier. I think I went over this with a guy using a TS2000 a month or so back.

So if carrier squelch works for you its ok, and it needs a pull up resistor. See,s to be open collector output. I did pull up to +5V with 10K. The manual notes to keep the pull up voltage below 7V but I figure 5 is safer.

And this holds for both 6 meters and 10 meters. But to me, using this for remote base I don’t se it working out well. You’d get keyups from carrier but no audio unless they had PL on their transmit signal on the right tone.

So I looked to see if there is a discriminator or wideband out that can be used in Asterisk usbradio to decode PL but nope its speaker audio. You can see a very small amount of tone coming through but I’m talking tone level down maybe 30 db from peak audio, that won’t decode well.

GeorgeC W2DB
2360/28599

In Reply To

| Electricity440
November 18 |

• | - |

Thanks, I don’t have the radio on me to test for another week so just wanted to see if someone did it. Thanks much I’ll try that pin on data connector ··· (click for more details)