Trouble with ezstream

Hello All, I’ve set up EZstream as according to the method on the wiki, but to no avail. I look at the asterisk CLI and I get the following lines repeated over and over:

-- app_rpt node 40011 starting output stream /bin/sh,-c,/usr/bin/lame --preset cbr 16 -r -m m -s 8 - - 2> /tmp/stream.status | /usr/local/bin/ezstream -qvc /etc/ezstream.xml
-- app_rpt node 40011 starting output stream /bin/sh,-c,/usr/bin/lame --preset cbr 16 -r -m m -s 8 - - 2> /tmp/stream.status | /usr/local/bin/ezstream -qvc /etc/ezstream.xml

So it seems as if it never actually starts. I tripple checked my .xml file, the passwords and mount point. They are all correct. I believe I do see ezstream running when I do ps ax at the command line.

Thanks,
Jon

I am not familiar with what you are doing at all…
But the first thing that stands out to me is a matter of file ownership and permissions…
ezstream.xml file or directory it is in.

Just pokin a guess.

It’s a thought, that’s for sure. I’m not exactly sure that may be the problem because I’m never executing that file, it’s simply a configuration file.

Ezstream (as it applies to Allstarlink) is a piece of software that allows nodes to be put on “Broadcastify”… a website hosting audio streams of public safety, rail, amateur, and various other services. It’s a Scanner listener’s dream when they are away from the radio or they want to listen to digital traffic but don’t have a digital scanner.

you should check that both ezstream and lame are running

pidof ezstream
pidof lame

should each produce a number.

Also check that the ezstream.xml file is in the directory where you say it is located.

Ken

Well, I kinda gathered that is what it did.
Just because the file is not executable, it may not have permission to be read.
Do you look at permission and ownership ?
I would check the same on temp file it is writing and surely it has a log file you can look at.

I’m having the same issues and I’ve checked against my configs with a node that is currently working.

Did you manage to fix this?

Time to resurrect an old thread again!

I’ve been trying to get ezstream going as well but no matter what, it doesn’t want to work. I’m facing the same errors as this thread discusses. No it’s not permissions, no it’s not ezstream.xml being wrong (at least not according to the Wiki), etc.

Has anyone actually ever made this work?

Hi Ken,
I have gotten mine to work - although I can’t remember what I actually did to get it to work!
I think I also had a problem with a firewall installed on my node, so I disabled that for starters - I use icecast2 and I couldn’t access the WebUI until I disabled that.

Turned out that the Wiki has a different idea - when it comes to placement of the outstreamcmd statement - of where the bottom of the node stanza is than I do. I moved it and I’m up and running

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.