Trouble with ezstream

Hello All, I’ve set up EZstream as according to the method on the wiki, but to no avail. I look at the asterisk CLI and I get the following lines repeated over and over:

-- app_rpt node 40011 starting output stream /bin/sh,-c,/usr/bin/lame --preset cbr 16 -r -m m -s 8 - - 2> /tmp/stream.status | /usr/local/bin/ezstream -qvc /etc/ezstream.xml
-- app_rpt node 40011 starting output stream /bin/sh,-c,/usr/bin/lame --preset cbr 16 -r -m m -s 8 - - 2> /tmp/stream.status | /usr/local/bin/ezstream -qvc /etc/ezstream.xml

So it seems as if it never actually starts. I tripple checked my .xml file, the passwords and mount point. They are all correct. I believe I do see ezstream running when I do ps ax at the command line.

Thanks,
Jon

I am not familiar with what you are doing at all…
But the first thing that stands out to me is a matter of file ownership and permissions…
ezstream.xml file or directory it is in.

Just pokin a guess.

It’s a thought, that’s for sure. I’m not exactly sure that may be the problem because I’m never executing that file, it’s simply a configuration file.

Ezstream (as it applies to Allstarlink) is a piece of software that allows nodes to be put on “Broadcastify”… a website hosting audio streams of public safety, rail, amateur, and various other services. It’s a Scanner listener’s dream when they are away from the radio or they want to listen to digital traffic but don’t have a digital scanner.

you should check that both ezstream and lame are running

pidof ezstream
pidof lame

should each produce a number.

Also check that the ezstream.xml file is in the directory where you say it is located.

Ken

Well, I kinda gathered that is what it did.
Just because the file is not executable, it may not have permission to be read.
Do you look at permission and ownership ?
I would check the same on temp file it is writing and surely it has a log file you can look at.