Time Zone issue

I think there MIGHT be a bug with regards to the time zone setting for the East Coast.

All of my nodes read the correct time when I type date from root, but Asterisk is reporting 4 hours behind.

Example:

Aug 21 06:40:36] NOTICE[2818]: chan_echolink.c:2484 do_el_directory: Directory pgm done downloading(partial,compressed), 342 records

KA4EPS*CLI> exit

[root@KA4EPS ~]# date

Sun Aug 21 10:40:52 America/NewYork 2011

[root@KA4EPS ~]#

I think I once changed it to Central Time zone and it then became 1 hour behind as expected if I recall correctly.

Not sure what to change here if someone could offer guidance.

I looked at system.conf and it shows TimeZone=-5.0 which would be correct.

Or am I supposed to set the system clock to GMT perhaps?

Thanks

KA4EPS

Lu – you did not say what version you are running

Here, version 281 works fine

You say east coast time, but it’s actually New_York

cd /etc

cp localtime localtime.orig

ln -sf /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/New_York localtime

Ken

···

From: app_rpt-users-bounces@ohnosec.org [mailto:app_rpt-users-bounces@ohnosec.org] On Behalf Of Lu Vencl
Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2011 10:40 AM
To: app_rpt-users@ohnosec.org
Subject: [App_rpt-users] Time Zone issue

I think there MIGHT be a bug with regards to the time zone setting for the East Coast.

All of my nodes read the correct time when I type date from root, but Asterisk is reporting 4 hours behind.

Example:

Aug 21 06:40:36] NOTICE[2818]: chan_echolink.c:2484 do_el_directory: Directory pgm done downloading(partial,compressed), 342 records

KA4EPS*CLI> exit

[root@KA4EPS ~]# date

[root@KA4EPS ~]#

I think I once changed it to Central Time zone and it then became 1 hour behind as expected if I recall correctly.

Thanks

KA4EPS

What’s the TZ setting for whatever user account that runs Allstar? Root can have one setting and other accounts can have other settings.

Bote

···

From: app_rpt-users-bounces@ohnosec.org [mailto:app_rpt-users-bounces@ohnosec.org] On Behalf Of Ken
Sent: Sunday, 21 August, 2011 11:12
To: ‘Lu Vencl’; app_rpt-users@ohnosec.org
Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] Time Zone issue

cd /etc

Ken

From: app_rpt-users-bounces@ohnosec.org [mailto:app_rpt-users-bounces@ohnosec.org] On Behalf Of Lu Vencl

Example:

KA4EPS*CLI> exit

[root@KA4EPS ~]# date

[root@KA4EPS ~]#

Thanks

KA4EPS

Lu, the default software configuration out of the box when you load it is Pacific time. Ken indicated fix to move it to the eastern timezone is correct. That will resolve your issue.

Paul

···

From: app_rpt-users-bounces@ohnosec.org [app_rpt-users-bounces@ohnosec.org] On Behalf Of Bote Man [bote_radio@botecomm.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2011 6:12 AM
To: 'Lu Vencl'; app_rpt-users@ohnosec.org

What's the TZ setting for whatever user account that runs Allstar? Root can have one setting and other accounts can have other settings.

Bote

From: app_rpt-users-bounces@ohnosec.org [mailto:app_rpt-users-bounces@ohnosec.org] On Behalf Of Ken
Sent: Sunday, 21 August, 2011 11:12
To: 'Lu Vencl'; app_rpt-users@ohnosec.org

cd /etc

Ken

Example:
KA4EPS*CLI> exit
[root@KA4EPS ~]# date
[root@KA4EPS ~]#
Thanks
KA4EPS

if your on eastern time YES -4 hours for Daylight Savings time during the summer as we have been set 1 hr ahead. when we fall back then it will go to -5 hrs. the time is correct.