Supermon Login help

I am a new user and cannot work out how to login to Supermon. What ID and password combination will grant me access to this Allstar app?

First of all, you need to set up supermon to work. This is how you do it (assuming you already know your way around the Linux terminal):

1: Go to the /etc/asterisk and edit the manager.conf file and look for “secret” near the bottom of the file, that is where you put a password. Next, replace the default password that’s there with any password you like. After the changes are made, save the file.

2: Navigate to the /var/www/html/supermon folder and edit the allmon.ini file, it will look like this:
(don’t worry, “secret” is not my actual password)

[12345]
host = 127.0.0.1:5038
user = admin
passwd = secret
menu = yes
hideNodeURL = no

[1999]
host = 127.0.0.1:5038
user = admin
passwd = secret
menu = yes
hideNodeURL = no

[All Nodes]
nodes = 12345,1999
menu = yes

[lsNodes]
url = “/cgi-bin/lsnodes_web?node=12345”
menu = yes

[AllStarLink]
url = “http://www.allstarlink.org”
menu = yes

Replace the 12345 or whatever number is in there with your node number (there will be multiple fields to replace) and where it says “passwd”, replace “secret” or whatever was there with the password you specified in the manager.conf file earlier. Everything else should look the same as the above config. Unless you want to create an internal node connection or use a second node number, leave the “1999” entry alone. Save the file.

3: While still in the /var/www/html/supermon directory, delete the “.htpasswd” file.

Next, you will type or copy/paste this into the terminal:

htpasswd -cB .htpasswd admin

It will then ask you to put in a password, input whatever password you want there.

4: Just one more step, restart the asterisk service or reboot your node’s operating system. After that, you should be able to have access to Supermon.

1 Like

I’ve followed your instructions.
However I get this error when I try and to access the Supermon dashboard.
“Couldn’t load ini file: allmon.ini.php”
I’ve got no clue as to what I need to fix.
Any ideas?

I answered my own question.
/var/www/html/index.php was pointing at allmon2
once I modified that all was well.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.