Status LED blink rate is same whether idle or processing traffic

Hi,

Since upgrading to Asterisk: 22.10.1+asl3-3.10.5-1.deb13, the status LED on my Allscan is blinking faster and there's no difference in the rate whether the node is idle or processing traffic.

Before upgrading, the LED blinked slowly when idle and blinked at about twice the idle speed when there was traffic. Is there anyway to revert to how it was?

Thank you,

Bryan

This is from us injecting a silent packet, I am looking to see if we can handle it a better way.

Thank you. Most appreciated.

Monitoring for activity by looking for "missing" packets does not seem reliable. Seems like it should be polling for status out of AMI.

OP is referring to an AllScan node as opposed to the web app ie. the LED0 pin on the CM108 IC (USB Host "Status" LED, which blinks when USB data is being transferred OK). This blink rate was originally either 2Hz or 5Hz depending on the channel driver used and if PTT was keyed, which gave a nice (relatively slow, smooth) visual indication of PTT state independent of a PTT LED. When ASL recently moved to the PortAudio interface from OSS this blink rate changed - at least when I was doing some Beta testing a few months ago. I mentioned it then in the PortAudio PR, but have not more recently had time to update ASL on my test nodes. It would be nice if the blink rates could be kept the same as what they were. Not a high priority of course as it doesn't cause any issue but the old slower blink rates looked nicer and more visually appealing.

That LED is the CM108 USB activity light. It blinks whenever audio data is moving over USB — not when the repeater is “busy” in AllStar terms.

After the PortAudio change, the driver keeps sending a steady stream of USB audio, including silence when idle. That keeps some USB hosts from glitching or hanging. Side effect: the LED keeps blinking even with no traffic, so it can look the same idle or busy.

For real keyed/idle state, use the PTT/COS LEDs (or AllScan/app status). This LED mainly means “USB audio is running.”

Is there still some intent in trying "to handle it a better way".

It was really nice before having different blink rates. Yes, I know I can look at the COS & PTT lights. I think I'm just used to how it was.

Clearly, this is not a high priority ask. Please keep it on the feature request list.