STATIC IP / ASL MENU

I am trying to setup a system by just following the Beginners Guide and using ASL_MEMU. I want to have a static IP, and followed the instructions in the menu entering the data and then saving it. The system remains in DHCP mode every time. When I look at the /etc/network/interfaces file, there are no entries made. When I look for information on setting a linux static IP, it shows entering data in this file. Has anyone had success following the ASL-MENU?

I have three nodes and they are all static. I used the on screen menus and had no issues. My nodes are all Ethernet not wifi.

Make sure if you select a static address that you select a compatible gateway

IE 192.168.1.250 then your gateway might be 192.168.1.1 and it has worked for me…

Are you using WIFI or Ethernet yourself? Have you tried to reboot after to see if it takes effect after? What does the onscreen IPaddress show after the reboot.?

···

Darrell Black

(517) 917-2226
GigaHacker@gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/darrellblack

73 de W8DSB

“In God we trust, all others we monitor”

GMRS WRDE739

In the newer releases of Debian based systems, The networking is controlled by DHCPCD and NOT the /etc/network/interfaces file. The net-setup scripts called by ASL-MENU will check if DHCPCD is installed and add the static configuration in the /etc/dhcpcd.conf If there is an error using the static configuration, DHCPCD will fall back to DHCP and attempt to obtain an IP address from a DHCP server.
Check your /etc/dhcpcd.conf file for proper settings. (will be located at end of the file)

···

Nathan Hardman

nhardman1428@gmail.com

N8THN@ARRL.NET

Hi All I am rebuilding my pi node with the current release but I cant seem to get it to set Static IP. I have run the ASL-menu several times and all seems to go well but nothing is changed. The script doesn’t seem to modify the DHCPcd.conf file.
In addition the hot name is not changed either.

I have tried editing the dhcpcd.conf file also and no joy. after reboot its still on dhcp.
What must I do to get this to work?

Jon VA3RQ