Stat Server Assistance

Looking to obtain a “detailed method” of setting up a “stat server” and a registration server". I believe I have it properly done already but would like to obtain a detailed method of how’s it done so that I’m assured on my end that I did it correctly. I’m not trying to reinvent the wheel just wanting to make sure the wheel I built rolls as should be. I’ve seen some post on said topic that have bits and pieces for answers but not a full description. My registration server appears to be working correctly but not my stat server and it’s for this reason I seek the requested information.

If someone has a white paper, that’s in “laymen” language and doesn’t require ten college degrees to figure out what they are attempting to say/describe that fully lays out or describes such I would even entertain the purchase of said white paper.

I know I’m not the only one that requires such, and sure I couldn’t be the first to publicly ask for such, so it might be an opportunity for someone to print one up. Also, I’m only interested in the “ASL” setup of a stat/registration server and not a HV version.

Thanks in advance for any assistance, knowledge, or redirection provided,

William, KI5PHN

I would be very interested in this myself. It’s more for knowledge than for actual implementation but who knows I might even try it if I have all that is required I already own it, then I would try it.

Doesn’t look like it’s going to happen… we’re on our own to figure it out…

William, KI5PHN

None exist to my knowledge, but if you find one, please post it here.

For others looking to dabble or create a function based on data retrieved from an API…

https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/Public_APIs

I would not think you will find volunteers to teach anyone what to do with it, but I could be wrong.
There are on-line programming courses and there are free ones as well…
You know what you are doing or you learn how by doing it.
So, yea, you are on your own.

Unless of course, you wish to be the one(s) to write instructions ?For an unknown target ?
I’m sure it would be welcomed.
Posts here reflect there are a few that might be grateful for all your free work and demand even more.
Encouragement ?

You are using the API to retrieve data from the ASL network server, so, what you do with it relies on your desire and programming capabilities/skills.

https://stats.allstarlink.org/api/stats/2530

would retrieve the stats for the node 2530

What you have to do is sort the returned data and take advantage of the fields returned and do something you want with it. Make a decision and act on it based on that data. That is programming.

So, for instance, you might look at that data and see if a particular connection of a node or the number of connections you do not want on your network and disconnect it by internal command when it appears. Basically building your own function not otherwise available. ‘PROGRAMMING’

So, the data is available for you to build something. But ‘you’ are building it.
You must know how or learn by doing.
(Please note the retrieval interval max in the first link)

There are any number of ways to retrieve and work with the data not limited to shell script, php and json.
Your methods depend on what you know or willing to learn and what it is that you are trying to accomplish.
You must have a goal to start with.
Programming queries are more appropriate for programming forums.

Aplication Program Interface / API is provided for you to build with. It is just data.
You determine what to do with it.

I thank those that put in the time to make the API available for use. Thank You !

At the time of posting this, mapdata API was not currently functioning.
I’m sure that is being looked at by volunteers who never get much thanks.

I wonder if you could format the map data into JSON? I guess it is tab delimited.
I see the stats data is in JSON which might be enough.