Startup Macros in ASL3?

I’ve successfully gotten 2 instances of ASL3 running on 2 different standalone servers/nodes. So far so good.

Now I’m trying to get it working on my radioless Hub server, which hosts both a private node hub as well as my public node - it runs as a VM under ProxMox. Overall, it’s working fine (Supermon7+ included) but I’ve run into an issue where I cannot get the startup Macro to run under my private node stanza

I’ve been through the docs several times but I still haven’t found what I’m looking for (with apologies to U2)

Can you provide any logging output? Config snippets?

Well, I do have an update about this. It seems the *8 commands are all commented out in the new default rpt.conf. Originally, I didn’t think to check those as issuing a Permanent Connection from within Supermon worked. Anyway, uncommenting the *8 block in rpt.conf and restarting Asterisk provided the solution as my startup macro is now working.

While the developers seem to have done a great job on the code, the documentation for ASL remains, IMHO, poor

The project welcomes all contributions to the documentation via AllStarLink/ASL3-Manual.

1 Like

Ken,

I know that you have mentioned before about the poor ASL documentation.
Why not volunteer your time to help make it better?

Marshall

I’d be happy to offer some help. Do I need an account?

You will need a GitHub account, yes. After that, you can use the directions found at ASL3-Manual/README.md at main · AllStarLink/ASL3-Manual · GitHub. The developers will be happy to help get you started.

Ahh OK. I have a Github account…

I’ll need your GitHub user ID.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.