SimpleUSB and USBradio nodes on same server

Hello,

I have found that if I mix SimpleUSB nodes with USBradio on the same server, it messes things up. Like if I use “simpleusb-tune-menu” to set up a SimpleUSB node, then use “radio tune” under the CLI to set up the USBradio node, things get fouled up and the registration gets lost or something.

So, does anyone have any experience with running a multiplicity of USB nodes of SimpleUSB and USBradio on the same server?

God Bless,

Sam
W3IHM

Dr. S. J. P. Laube,
poet, bum, wizard of the electron, child of God.

Welcome aboard Dr,

Stupid question just for my curiosity. Why do you run both channel drivers?

I think you should be able to run both. Of course you have to do a two node set up as described here: https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/Two_Nodes_on_One_Server. Be very careful how you name each. You can’t have one node with rxchannel=SimpleUSB/usb and another node with rxchannel=Radio/usb. Do something like rxchannel=SimpleUSB/usb1234 and rxchannel=Radio/usb5678. Commonly the numbers I show here are replaced with your node number.

Tim, the enchanter,

Thanks to you, wise sir, for replying. I usually don’t use these chat rooms or whatever, but I have become somewhat stymied. I prefer face to face encounters.

I wanted to use both flavors of driver because I already had two nodes running on SimpleUSB. I went to add a third, for my 900 MHz repeater that I finished.

I wanted to do Allstar PL touchtone control using USBradio, just for fun.

God Bless,

Sam

Tim, the enchanter will show you the way, but beware… :wink:

Are you adding a third node to the other two? Did the WiKi page help any?

I hope the the DSP functions of Radio/usb work out well for you, my friend.

Yes, Tim, the enchanter.

You spoke truth.

After being shredded by big rabbit teeth, I found out my error. I had misplaced my statpost_program statements, so that none of the node stanzas were calling it. I only put one call in the end, thinking it would magically find it for all three nodes.

Sometimes this sorcery of the necromancers totally befuddles me. For, I am weak of mind, and grey of beard.

Once I had placed a statpost_program inside each node stanza, node statistics started to flow like fresh wine from new wineskins.

These statpost_programs MUST be safely enshrouded INSIDE each node stanza, proper. That is my lesson.

Now, I am off to get my USBports to settle, and my nodes to all link harmoniously. Then, I can go about building more things that light up and make noise in the attic.

Thank you, Tim, the enchanter.

God Bless,

Sam

W3IHM

···

On Aug 30, 2019, at 6:28 PM, Tim Sawyer via AllStarLink Discussion Groups wrote:

wd6awp ASL Admin
August 30
Tim, the enchanter will show you the way, but beware… :wink:

Are you adding a third node to the other two? Did the WiKi page help any?

I hope the the DSP functions of Radio/usb work out well for you, my friend.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

w3ihm
August 30
Tim, the enchanter, Thanks to you, wise sir, for replying. I usually don’t use these chat rooms or whatever, but I have become somewhat stymied. I prefer face to face encounters. I wanted to use both flavors of driver because I already had two nodes running on SimpleUSB. I went to add a third, for…

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

You are becoming wise in the ways of the mighty wizard, he who’s name was Jim Dixon, may he rest in peace. But beware intrepid one, for viscous beasts with big gnarly teeth lie beyond. May you find solace here where the enchanter resides.