Server issues this afternoon?

Hi Guys,

I’m getting multiple reports of ASL systems issues this afternoon. Such
as one ASL user trying to download nodelist files and getting this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[08S01]: Communication link failure: 1047 WSREP has not yet prepared node for application use' in /var/www/html/cgi-bin/gennodes.php:97 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/cgi-bin/gennodes.php(97): PDOStatement->execute() #1 /var/www/html/cgi-bin/gennodes.php(43): getNodes(Object(PDO), 1564787041) #2 {main} thrown in /var/www/html/cgi-bin/gennodes.php on line 97

I’m also seeing multiple IP subnets being blocked as of perhaps 6PM, EDT.

Just thought I’d mention it.

73, David KB4FXC

Thanks. I’ll check it out. When is this happening?

Hi Tim,

The main issue I’m seeing personally is that all traffic from the subnet 12.17.28.0/23 is being blocked in Tampa. This started about 4 hours ago. Also, I’ve gotten several reports from ASL users who are receiving invalid nodelist downloads—what gets downloaded is the error message in my original post.

73, David KB4FXC

Apparently the problem is with AT&T.

I’m told ATT, 365 and Comcast have started using RPKI for BGP. It took down the 44Net links in Tampa for a few hours. This caused interruptions to things for a while.

Tim,

Thanks for helping to resolve this issue yesterday… My packets were reaching Tampa and then being dropped at the edge router there—I tested this carefully. Further, I could also access Tampa from other AT&T netblocks. This wasn’t a 44net BGP problem.

But, again, thanks so much for your help.

73, David KB4FXC

So your take on it is that there was a configuration error in Tampa that didn’t know what to do with BGP?

I don’t think it had anything to do with BGP. Traffic was arriving in Tampa and it didn’t seem related to anything 44net at all. For example, lists.allstarlink.org (IP: 199.47.174.152) was inaccessible from 12.17.28.0/23. However, everything was visible from other netblocks, using the same Internet path over AT&T.

Thanks for your help.

73, David KB4FXC