Remote Base on Pi3

I have an old system that has been running the ACID distro for several years and it has developed some hardware problems so I am in the process of replacing it with a Pi3. I had 2 nodes running on the system. The first node was connected to a repeater controller and the 2nd node is a 2M remote base, specifically a Kenwood Tm-271A. I have the first node working just fine but the remote base is not working at all. The audio and transmit are OK but the remote base commands are not working. I also have authlevel = 2 and it never prompts me to log in. Does the PI distro support remote bases? Out of desperation, I even took my config files from the ACID machine and dropped into the Pi with no success. Either it doesn’t support it now or I have missed something.

Thanks in advance

Jamey - WR4JW

Jamey are you using hamvoip distribution ? They do remote base with an application called rigctl. I have tried remote Hf using ASL and it works. I don’t think that part of the source code changed

GeorgeC W2DB
2360, 28599

No. I’m using the distro from the Allstar Link site at http://dvswitch.org/files/ASL_Images/ I’ve had it working on the ACID distro for years but the PC is dying and it takes up too much space at the repeater site so I wanted to switch to the Pi.