Registration and node request

Hello,

I’m trying to get a node number but I seem to be having difficulty. I did get the verification email but I don’t think it worked. I sent an email to the help desk and received the automated response stating that help would be coming but have not heard anything as of yet (I just sent it yesterday). Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

David Packard W6WTW

Hello David,

Looks like you have node # 51438. Are you good now? If not let me know and I help you get going.

1 Like

Hello David:

I also need some help with my node number and password for the node. I requested one a few days ago but the email got bumped into spam and was eventually deleted.

Also David, do I understand correctly that once I get my node number and password, I then need to register my AllStar Node operating on a Raspberry Pie as a server too?

Thank you for your help
Bret Chilcott/AC0AE

Yes all is well now. Thanks for all the help and you all did it so quickly. I really appreciate it!

David,

AllStar nodes are different that what you might expect. You build a linux server from instructions we and others have written. It’s not as scary as you might think. Check out our beginners guide. Come back here if you have any questions.

https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/Beginners_Guide

1 Like

Thank you Sir. My node is in the mail and should arrive on Wednesday. To be honest I’m very intimidated right now but that’s just because it’s something new. I’ll definitely do as you have suggested and thanks for being a source for questions if I should need help. You and your fellow admins are awesome and I appreciate it!
W6WTW David

You’ll be fine. In fact, it’s a fun project. We all like projects… right?

1 Like

:grinning: :+1:
Yes Sir you are right!