Raspberry Pi image download from hamvoip.org fails to boot

I downloaded “RPi-Z2W-2-3-4_V1.7-01_Allstar.img” from: Asterisk Allstar on the Raspberry Pi 2/3/4

i tried flashing the SD Card mutable times using the following tools; win32Diskimager for windows, raspberry pi imager, and the linux dd tool, all fail to boot. all i get is the rainbow screen on the pi.

the MD5 checksum is correct, i just cant get it working… am i doing something wrong ?

While not speaking specifically to hamvoip,

Here are some of the top reasons for this type of failure.

The SD card is defective
The SD card writing instrument is defective
The current rating of the power supply to the Pi is inadequate.
Bad user selections when writing to the SD card.

Perhaps try the method mentioned in the ASL-getting started page with etcher. Not sure what hamvoip suggests. And/Or try a new card.

https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/Beginners_Guide

K7IEU,

I ran into this issue with downloads from Allstarlink as well. This issue has be reported sporadically over the last couple of years ( from searches) I was able to resolve this issue by switching to different SIM cards. I was able to get Raspberry Pi downloads to work on sim cards that would not work with the Allstarlink images… I suspect it has something to do with the way the images were created. I was finally able to get sim cards working that were large, like 64G.

Jay

well i would like to say my issue is resolved, i used B. Etcher and successfully flashed and booted on the pi…

thanks all

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.