Raspberry Pi GPIO

Hi all. I’m running Hamvoip on an RP3B+ and I would like to use the GPIO on board to bring out LED’S for the following functions…Power, HD activity, heartbeat, link-state (one for connected, one for disconnected). Pi is in a box with repeater and I would like to have indicators in the front panel. Thanks in advance. 73’. Lou, W2LPC 51284.

1 Like

for the disk activity and network activity. (could be use for connected/ disconnected status maybe)

https://github.com/RagnarJensen/PiLEDlights

For the power led, just use pin 6 (gnd) et 2 or 4 (5volt). If you need 3.3 volt rather than 5, pin 1 will give you that. all those pins are continuously at those voltages.

···

Le mer. 9 sept. 2020 à 22:22, Lou Corradi via AllStarLink Discussion Groups <noreply@community.allstarlink.org> a écrit :

| Lou
September 10 |

• | - |

Hi all. I’m running Hamvoip on an RP3B+ and I would like to use the GPIO on board to bring out LED’S for the following functions…Power, HD activity, heartbeat, link-state (one for connected, one for disconnected). Pi is in a box with repeater and I would like to have indicators in the front panel. Thanks in advance. 73’. Lou, W2LPC 51284.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Forgot about the heartbeat, I see 2 ways, one with is destructive, disconnect the green led from the uri/sound fob you have and bring it at the front panel with simple wire.

The other one, use a small phototransistor that you put at the end of a short cylindrer like a straw and the other end of the straw over the green light. make sure no other light can reach the phototransistor (tape over the straw with electric tape) and use the phototransistor to drive the heartbeat led on the front panel. like on this shematic.

one last thing, if you lack the capacity to find a phototransistor, you can make one easily with a NPN transistor like the 2n-2222 in a metal package or any similar low power NPN transistor like this:

and just remove the top metal cover by filling it to expose the internal silicium. this will make a low sensitivity phototransistor that will perfectly do the job for cheap. just make sure the transistor is really close to the light source the led on the URI/sound fob)

the base pin can be cut out as it wont be used in such case.