Radio GTX connections

Has anyone have any documentation for connecting a URI to a 900 GTX radio? I’ve looked in the documentation here and found nothing.
I know that the accessory pins can not be program like the Gm300 and Maxtrac radios can. Therefore I made a COR circuit for it, before I make the final connections I wanted to see if there was someone who had already had a working GTX on Allstar.
Thanks Mike

Are you wanting to use it as a simplex node? IIRC, according to documentation on repeater-builder.com and batlabs.com (http://www.batlabs.com/gtx.html) the connections are the same 3 PTT 5 flat tx 7 gnd 11 flat rx.

Note that the gtxs are deaf for receiving much below 925 MHz, so, if you are looking to use this as a simplex node to get into a repeater, it will probably work.

If you’re looking for a more useable 900 band radio, I suggest you look at the Spectra series; the GTX were the ‘ecocnomy’ radios of the batwing line back in the day.

I haven’t done a GTX to Allstar as a permanent thing though a few years back I did experiment with it. Audio and PTT aside (those are easy) COS is the problem. You can program a pin to switch when a valid COS/PL come in, but I could not get it to reset. So…I looked at the speaker lines. When a valid signal comes in the Audio chip turns on. And there is DC on the speaker lines which is why you cant have a grounded speaker. But what I used was a resistor isolated input to the URI for COS. I may have made is a voltage divider, don’t remember.

FWIW, re the other note about RX bandwidth, the reason I was playing with it was to see if a GTX could be used as a repeater receiver. Well with the normal preselector no way, but I dropped in a pair of Toyo filters for the right range. That did work but had to fiddle with the VCO

Hope this helps
GeorgeC W2DB 2360, 28599

Thanks George I may just go ahead and use a Maxtrac they seem to work better for I’m trying to do.

Mike

···

From: George Csahanin via AllStarLink Discussion Groups [mailto:noreply@community.allstarlink.org]
Sent: Saturday, November 14, 2020 11:41 AM
To: mzfb@aol.com
Subject: [AllStarLink Discussion Groups] [Allmon] Radio GTX connections

|

George_Csahanin
November 14

|

• | - |

I haven’t done a GTX to Allstar as a permanent thing though a few years back I did experiment with it. Audio and PTT aside (those are easy) COS is the problem. You can program a pin to switch when a valid COS/PL come in, but I could not get it to reset. So…I looked at the speaker lines. When a valid signal comes in the Audio chip turns on. And there is DC on the speaker lines which is why you cant have a grounded speaker. But what I used was a resistor isolated input to the URI for COS. I may have made is a voltage divider, don’t remember.

FWIW, re the other note about RX bandwidth, the reason I was playing with it was to see if a GTX could be used as a repeater receiver. Well with the normal preselector no way, but I dropped in a pair of Toyo filters for the right range. That did work but had to fiddle with the VCO

Hope this helps
GeorgeC W2DB 2360, 28599

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

| Virus-free. www.avg.com |

• | - |