R1-2020 radio interface with Allstar?

Hello, is R1-2020 BH7NOR USB-radio interface suppose to be compatible with Allstar running on a Raspberry PI 3 ?
I am trying to use it on a simplex node. PTT & TX audio work fine, but it doesn’t detect RX audio or SQL/COS.
I confirm my wiring is OK with the radio transceiver since this setup works fine with Echolink on Windows.
If you use a R1-2020 on Allstar with success, please share your config.
Thank you. Daniel VE2BAP, Canada.

R1-2020

I would guess that your cos logic is inverted.
It would explain the exact symptoms you are communicating.

I found the problem & the solution !
According to R1-2020 documentation, COS signal is on pin 6, but my measurements reveal this signal is applied to pin 4. Active=LOW.
To make it work, I had to apply a +5 VDC on pin 6, which seems to act as a “COS enable”.
I use it with a Motorola CDM1550LS, with back accessory connector, and it works just fine.

One more thing: To what I observed, R1-2020 & HamVOIP need to have a valid COS signal to start decoding RX audio.
Daniel VE2BAP

Just as a footnote for those stumbling on this later…

Any signal line that is active low are or can be a switch to ground without an inactive voltage,
In many cases for the device looking at the input may need the line to be pulled high.
In others a switch to ground is enough. And if so, may never show a voltage.
If you must pull the line high, be careful how much current can be supplied as a switch to ground may not be able to sink enough to get the voltage low enough and or burn-out the switch.

While most threshold values average 5v or, more than 2.5v for high signal and <.5v (1/2v) for low.
But every device is it’s own animal. But perhaps some can look at it better during debug armed with that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.