Quantar and allstarlink

Hi everyone.

Long story, short question at the end.

I’ve been playing around with a Quantar 900 mhz repeater and duplexer for the last month when I had time to spare…

This was the first time I was working with a Quantar. Making it work as a simple repeater was easy to do. the internal controler is eady to master for such basic task.

But the project is to put the repeater on Allstarlink. I found a connection shematic from WD6AWP dating from the 9/2/11 on W9CR website. Found a 50 pin centonics or telco conector and wires it to a db-25 that I connected to the URI I have.

That part was pretty simple to do.

Now where I need help is here…

Anyone have a working copy of a codeplug that would have the correct programing to use this setup.

I have the R14.10 winrss software and the firmware are:
control firmware is X020.09.044
wireline firmware is R020.09.028
exciter firmware R020.09.003
Boot2 firmware X020.09.016
Boot1 firmware X020.09.011

Code plug version 9

Dont know if this helps.

Thanks for any helps anyone can give

Pierre
VE2PF

Pierre, drop me an email george@w2db.com and I’ll send you my 900 quantar codeplug. You need to pay attention to the wildcard setup which determines PTT action and COS action

Hi Pierre - If you are running mixed mode P25/analog then let me know if you still need help after looking at George’s code plug. I have a plug and wiring description that will let P25 run locally and analog interface with AllStar without any interference between the two. 73, Adrian.

Also, when you get it running give me a shout on AllStar node 450520. I have a 440 Quantar on our network now but will be adding two more 440’s and two 900 MHz machines in the next week. Would be great to know another 900 MHz enthusiast!

Thanks George, The email is going out as soon I send this one :wink:

Wont be a mixed P25/analog. But we are looking at a P25 UHF repeater.

I already have the hardware to do this. And it will be at the same site as the 900…

I will call you on your node as soon the repeater is live on site… The antenna and line have been installed last year… So I will be able to go on site all by myself… Wont have to respect a 2 meter distance with any body :wink:

Pierre
VE2PF

1 Like

this should be the coverage of the 900 mhz repeater.

You need a codeplug with the enhanced 8 wire wireline card support. The wireline card itself does not have to be 8 wire just the codeplug. This adds features needed to support the telco connector. You must never “validate the hardware” with the CPS because that will undo the additional features.

Thanks Tim for the tip on the validation of hardware. I would have search a bit on that.

Le sam. 2 mai 2020 à 22:10, Tim Sawyer via AllStarLink Discussion Groups noreply@community.allstarlink.org a écrit :

···

wd6awp

ASL Admin

May 3

You need a codeplug with the enhanced 8 wire wireline card support. The wireline card itself does not have to be 8 wire just the codeplug. This adds features needed to support the telco connector. You must never “validate the hardware” with the CPS because that will undo the additional features.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

w2db

May 2

Pierre, drop me an email george@w2db.com and I’ll send you my 900 quantar codeplug. You need to pay attention to the wildcard setup which determines PTT action and COS action

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Several questions

1.   I took an new home AllStarLink node, tied it to a transciver to

feed a mountaintop repeater. I ended up with a “shotgun” effect;
i.e., the home transceiver node would drop, the repeatertail would
bring the home node back up and repeat endlessly until it was
disabled. Is it possible to setup such a configuration? What has
to be modified

2.  I noticed that the "hang time" on the home node is 8-10 seconds,

where do I reduce that to something like two seconds?

3.  I used  Run SimpleUSB – Tune Menu option.  One

web page I found showed that menu had 22 selection; the
one that comes up only has 11 selections. Is the one with 22
selections no longer a valid reference?

4.  I hear a morse code ID with the node's callsign, but its low in

deviation. How do I change that to make it a bit louder?

jd

Is CPS the programming software? This is interesting since I did do the validation which may be the reason I could not use certain wildcard table variables that relate to Enhanced Wireline Support. I had assumed my Quantar had a lower grade of wireline card. I managed to get it working with some other creative entries though.