Problems with beta Allstar for raspberry Pi and Allmon2

Greetings,

I am using the beta image for raspbery pi from downloads.allstarlink.org. Operationally it is working well and as expected.

However I am having some issues with Allmon as some things have change. Allmon is not able to authenticate with Allstar. Here are some of the changes:

As you notice the new version wants you to put the secret in a new location, manager.d

Here is the file I created called allmon.conf. even with permissons set at 777.

This is the output from the cli when trying to get information to Allmon.

In the password file I have used

password = xxxxxxx
secret =xxxxx
but to no joy.

If anyone can help that would be great

Steve
K4KSA

I dont think you can use a wildcard caracter in the file name

Look at rpt.conf
The last line show how it should be…

includeifexists custom/rpt.conf

Steve,
I’m not sure what you are referring to as ‘new version’,
but allmon2 has always used the asterisk manager to access to node data from in/outside the OS via www.

So, you still need to follow the directions for allmon2 in setting a password to protect the install directory for web login purposes… That part is not the same as the following.

But for asterisk manager…
manager.conf

[general]

enabled = yes
webenabled = yes
port = 5038

[usernameyouchoose] <username
secret = mypassword <password
read = all,system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config
write = all,system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config

Now in your allmon.ini.php must match user / pass above on the correct ip if not local 127.0.0.1

[29999]
host=64.154.38.103:5038
user=usernameyouchoose
passwd=mypassword
nomenu=yes
hideNodeURL=no
[1950]
host=64.154.38.103:5038 <ip:PORT
user=usernameyouchoose
passwd=mypassword
nomenu=yes
hideNodeURL=no

So, that is my example,
Does it help any ?

You need to look at the first graphic…in the new beta, manager.conf has changed:

Things have changed!!!

Hmmm… I see now.
You might need to wait on tim for that one. Have yet to deploy allmon on asl2

I also just put an older version of manager.conf and tried again:

Steve – I forgot to add the username stanza in the version you have. As Mike said, you can just add something like this to the end of manager.conf OR create a new file in manager.d such as “admin.conf”:

[admin]
secret = YOURSECRET
read = all,system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config
write = all,system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config

Make sure the secret matches the secret in /var/www/html/allmon2/allmon.ini.php.

Add those before the #include= line. Include has to be the last line in the file.

1 Like

btw, I did not know about this change. That’s why is ALWAYS a really good idea to post your questions here rather than sending me an email… because. believe it or not, I don’t know everything. :slight_smile:

Is anyone getting issues with the R-Pi 4 and Allmon2
I’m using the http interface. and When I try to log in It fail, additionally when I select my node number
it is not showing any telemetry or connection data. and states “XXXXX” Node is not in Database
What am i missing.

It sounds like you haven’t fully setup Allmon yet. You can follow this guide to do so:

https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/Allmon2_Install

If you have an existing Allmon2 installation, you can copy the allmon.ini.php from that and try from there. Make sure you set the manager password in there.

had to finish the last step, works great now !! Thx

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.