Port setting to port 4569 on the registration server(requires intervention)

Hi,
I’m not able to connect my second node and cannot receive incoming calls.
I have forwarded both ports 4569 and 4568(second node) on my router, I have contacted my ISP and everything seems to be correct from my side.
My node numbers are: 473040(4569) and 473041(4568)
Router is Steve modem Sagecom fast 5250 from Virgin.

Thank you in advance

Flavio VE2ZFP

Hello Flavio,

I see that these nodes have the same public IP address. I assume you put these nodes on separate LAN IP addresses as you have assigned separate IAX ports.

Can you connect your two nodes together? Can you connect to nodes external to you LAN?

Note that port forwarding is not necessary to make outbound connections. To connect to your other LAN node you must put the IP address of the other node in the [nodes] section of rpt.conf on both nodes.

Assuming you have a server for each node. Here’s the settings to check.

On node 473040
In rpt.conf

[nodes]
473040 = radio@127.0.0.1:4569/47240,NONE
473041 = radio@192.168.1.xxx:4568/47241,NONE

In extensions.conf

[general]
NODE = 473040

In iax.conf

[general]
bindport = 4569

On node 473041
In rpt.conf

[nodes]
473040 = radio@192.168.1.xxx:4569/47240,NONE
473041 = radio@127.0.0.1:4568/47241,NONE

In extensions.conf

[general]
NODE = 473041

In iax.conf

[general]
bindport = 4568

Hi,
‘Can you connect your two nodes together? Can you connect to nodes external to you LAN?’ no I can’t, but I can connect any external nodes without problems.
rpt.conf, no I don’t have settings like that in rpt.conf, the two nodes don’t know about existence of a second node. Do I have to add it in each rpt-conf? I’m getting lost.
“I see that these nodes have the same public IP address. I assume you put these nodes on separate LAN IP addresses as you have assigned separate IAX ports.”
Yes, the node with the radio attached is one machine with it’s own local address, the radioless node is a different machine with different local IP, the only thing the share is the router. I’ll do the modifications you suggested to see if something happens.

I appreciate your help, thank you

73 Flavio

Great!!! you nailed it!!!

It’s working now.
I’ve trying to make it work for years, this ASL thing is quite challenging.
I’m not old, I’m computer savvy, but ASL is not for the faint-hearted.
Than you so much. I’d like to ask you something else, sorry if asking too much.
I have DVS with analog reflector and my radioless NODE has Supermon 6.1 installed and working, if I’m not mistaken, these two are required to connect the two together, right? what I want to do is connect with my analog HT to the radioless NODE(with analog ref) and do the digital modes. I know it’s possible, i’ve red some instructions but nothing made sense to me.

Once again 73

Flavio

Flavio,

Great!!! you nailed it!!!

Yay!

I’d like to ask you something else, sorry if asking too much.

Sounds like the questions is how to setup DVS to connect DMR to AllStar, correct? I’m sorry but I can’t help with DVS or with Supermon. I have my hands full with Allstar and Allmon. For DVS you’ll have to inquire over on the DVS forum. Steve @N4IRS (of DVS fame) does show up here from time to time but probably best to start a new topic if you want to try and get DVS help here.

No problem,

Thanks a lot

DVSwitch support site is

Jim, K6JWN

Thanks Jim

Flavio

So how does one allow incoming connections without hard coding the ip addresses in the node list? ( was able to get the above to work with both nodes on the same local network…but)

I would like to connect 2 nodes at two different repeater sites. I can SSH into both of them and opened up 4569 on the node firewall. I can connect outgoing and the node name is recognized, but still not able to connect to each other.

One node is 559292 and shown in the listing. I had it on a VPN and trying to determine if a port somehow needs to allow incoming to it’s VPN address.

Any thoughts?

I finally have been able to connect two of my nodes without having to use port forwarding. I am using “Tailscale” VPN and finally figured out how to open port access on 4569 to allow incoming connections. They have their own thing called “funneling”.