Port forwarding with wifi hotspot for home use node 552990

I have two ATT accounts on MR1100 wifi hotspots to use for internet access at home. 552990 works great out. I think ATT is using carrier grade NAT to give me an IP number on their network vs a public IP and port forwarding is not possible. Sales Rep. at Verizon, Verizon web page, and a post said I could port Forward using Orbic Speed hotspot so I bought one. I was on chat, phone, and hold with Verizon yesterday 7 hours. Very nice pleasant support but no solution.

My friend KX4SU, setup as second node at his house with a supermon connection that I was using to test port forward by trying to connect 552991 at KX4ZU’s houseback to 552990. I would change a port or something and try to connect from my second node KX4SU set up for me. Is is possible I had a solution and did not wait long enough before test? Any insite would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Well, nothing stands out to me… except to try a different port…
4570, 8120 etc (they block ports sometimes supposedly for your protection and we know they do not like voip service on their cell lines)

If you do not wait long enough for the connection node list to be updated to the new port#, it will fail.
I think the turn around time is 10 min, but I would wait 15-20 for testing or force a update manually for both your nodes.(connectee and connector)
But, you should have someone on a cable network or other test for you as well. For your tx port may be the one blocked/failing.

Thanks for the Info, should I not be able to run Port checker port checker and determine if the link is open. Just got off the phone with Verizon, another 2.5 hours, very nice people but I have yet in 12 hours of support over a 3 day period talked to anyone that did not have to look Port Forwarding up in the manual.

I have had those port checkers fail when the port was open, so, reliability of accuracy can always be in question. And I ‘think’ that probing may create a block from the carrier. Which is why they fail.
Just some ‘possibilities’ you should weigh.

After staying on the hold, chat, phone with Verizon support for over 15 hours in a 3 day period, no one could help. They were all very nice, most thought Port Forwarding was moving my phone number to a different carrier, they all tried to read the manual and walked me through creating a port forward record on my router. I receive at least 25 apologies for the holds but I never talked or chatted with anyone that knew much about Port Forwarding. After much research I discovered, Verizon is using Carrier Grade NAT (CGN) to share IP numbers amount users on their wifi hotspot. This means you are being double NATed and Port Forwarding can’t work because it does not have a public IP. The way you tell if your ISP is using CGN is look up your IP number on with something like port checker and compare it to the WAN IP address of your router. If they are different, your ISP is using CGN