PC & Radio Cables

Where is the best place to look for the correct cables for either a Yaesu 2800M or a Motorola MaxTrac radio? Hopefully somewhere inexpensive!

Thank you!

Try http://www.uricables.com

be aware those cables on that website may be for a particular URI.
it also appears the website has not been updated since 2014.

If you use a URI, such as a RA-40, you can get it either as a kit for a you-solder the through hole components, or save yourself the time and get the assembled and tested for $25 extra.

Rolling your own can be rewarding when it’s completed and working.
I use as RA-40 with a 800MHz converted to 927MHz Maxtrac, using old header connectors from a desktop computer.

Marshal, ke6pcv, runs it. He definitely offers great support and is a really nice guy. He is one of the main support people on Allstarlink and is an unsung hero.

Benjamin,

Yes, my website needs to be updated, but I am so busy making cables that I don’t have time to update. :slight_smile:

Also, the website does mostly show URI cables, but I will build any type of cable by request for the following.

• URI’s
  • RTCM’s
  • Repeater Builder RIM
  • Masters Communications RA- 25/30/35/40/42/DR1X
  • Link Communications Controller
  • Arcom Controllers
  • S-Comm Controllers
  • CAT Controllers
  • IRLP Boards
  • Packet Boards
  • Micro Nodes
  • Alinco
  • Bridgecomm
  • GE
  • Hytera
  • Icom
  • Kenwood
  • Motorola
  • TYT
  • Vertex
  • Yaesu

As long as I can source connectors for a certain radio or repeater then most of the time I can build an interface cable. Just send an email to me letting me know what you need.

Marshall - ke6pcv

1 Like

Outdated for a long period of time usually means the website is forgot about, and the business is no longer.

Learning it is still alive and well -> website bookmarked!

1 Like