Passing dtmf throught

Hello all,
I’m in the process of building my first allstar node. I’m going to make it out of 2 baofeng bf888s radios so I can transmit without getting locked out by waiting for a repeater to unkey etc etc. there was a nice write up about that from Chris hood. I’m not wanting it to transmit what it receives like a real repeater I just want to be able to talk if the transmitter is still keyed.
I believe I want it to be set to duplex 0 and yes… I still want the curticy tone and the id’s to work so if that’s not the right setting please let me know…next I’m wanting to build a node at my other house where my 70cm repeater is located and have it set to my repeaters frequency so I can monitor my repeater anywhere I’m at. It has a acc controller and a frequency agile remote base. I would like to send dtmf commands from my mobile node and send it to my home node which would transfer it to my repeater. I hope that makes sense. If anyone has done this please let me know what settings I need to change or add

It appears you can.
See this example which includes DTMF.
COP 48.

881=cop,48,1,2,3,4,# ; Send DTMF 1,2,3,4, and #
882=cop,48,!399.8/1000,!339.6/2000 ; Send two tone paging sequence: Motorola codes 144,141
883=cop,48,!1100+1700/100,!0/60,!700+900/60,!0/60,!700+1100/60,!0/60,!700+900/60,!0/60,!1500+1700/60 ; Send MF tone sequence KP121ST

Thank you for that.
Now am I able to change and or add this on the pi via putty or will I have to change the file on the sd card via my computer and then put it in the pi?

David it can be edited either way. Your changes should be added to rpt.conf.
in the [functions(your node number)] section.

Larry - N7FM

I forgot to mention if you edit via Putty be sure to restart asterisk when finished editing. That’s —> astres.sh on the command line, for your changes to become active.
If you edit by removing the card changes will become active when you restart the node.

Larry - N7FM