Parrot Mode to Record Connected Nodes and Playback Globally

Anyone know what or how to change parrot mode to record from a connected
node and play back globally, it works fine on the RF side of the node i connect to but I
want parrot running on the node i connect too, to record me, and when it plays back i want it to play globally.
I can connect several different ways to another node, I can turn on/off parrot and nothing
happens when i transmit into the connected node and the users on the other node hear me, if someone on the other node keys up I hear parrot playback just like they do. It looks to be the record switch is the repeater node that I am connected to only see’s the repeater receiver to activate parrot record/playback. If someone can tell me what file is used and where it is located I can play.

Thanks
Dave

Dave,
I think you will need to script your own parrot for that.
You are commanding the node that is recording. Only if you are keyed on the local node will it also pick-up other audio traffic that would be coming to the node naturally via connect status.

There is a possible option as if they connect to the node in command mode *4 and issue a parrot once command. I have not tried it but in theory, it should work.

I don’t think the parrot was ever intended to be remotely accessed. For you only need to know what the audio is on the local. Digitally, it should be the same everywhere else.

However, I will note I used a similar set-up for voice control many years ago and I could initiate the cos and as long as the remote station was keyed when I dropped, it would continue. It just had to be started by the local. But that was in the days of the acid version of the software.

That’s about all I can say about it. Perhaps it is different now or someone has a work around.