Node wont connect, other does

I am running 1 server, with 2 nodes. 503140 , and 503141. I originally had this on a pi , both nodes connected and life was great.
However, I needed the pi for another project. I installed ASL on a computer running Debian. Now, 503141 shows connected and is green on the status page. 503140 is not connected. Now, I can connect both of those together, and then link 503141 to other links. Then the bubble chart shows all 3 , INCLUDING 503140. However, when I check IAX.Conf in the menu, it says that 503140 is not connected. In the configuration, 503140 is connected to repeater, and when the link talks that I am connected to (through 503141), I can hear it coming across the repeater. I confirmed the password in both nodes, even changing the password to something simpler and there was no change.

Any ideas ? Hope this wasn’t to confusing.

Hello KG5FQT,

I’m new at this so take this with a grain of salt but general troubleshooting I do for connection and nodelist issues :

  1. Make sure the statpost program is running for all nodes. In rpt.conf:

statpost_program = /usr/bin/wget,-q,–timeout=15,–tries=1,–output-document=/dev/null
statpost_url = http://stats.allstarlink.org/uhandler.php

If you have more that one node defined in rpt.conf make sure that each node section contains the above two lines.

  1. Check that local nodes are defined in rpt.conf:

[nodes]
nodenumber1 = radio@127.0.0.1:4569/nodenumber1,NONE
nodenumber2 = radio@127.0.0.1:4569/nodenumber2,NONE

  1. Registration in iax.conf:

Check that all nodes on the server in question have a registration line in the iax config file.
[general]
register =nodenumber1:password1@register.allstarlink.org
register =nodenumber2:password2@register.allstarlink.org

Note: you get the password from your Node Settings page on the Allstar Link portal.

Hope this helps.

       --Tom, W3TXG

Thanks Tom. I verified all that about 10 times, ha ha … Even tried to change the passwords to see if that could have been the issue. No go

Anyone else possibly have a idea?? Still having this same issue. I verified Statpost is correct, and the registration in iax.conf.
Currently, 501340 and 501341 are connected to each other. And I can connect 501341 can connect to other nodes. However, 501340 is still not showing green , or any info on bubbles

You transposed a couple node number digits in your last post. Maybe that’s the issue with registration? Better check iax.conf settings 10 more times :slight_smile:

I assume these two nodes are on the same server which explains why they can connect to each other even while one is not registered. The unregistered node will never be able to connect to nodes on the interweb.

Don’t worry about statpost until registration is fixed. Registration has to work for stats to work but not vise versa.

Tom, are both nodes on one server? Or do you have two nodes behind one router?

If the nodes are on one server. Did you add
[radio-sercure]

exten => “node#”,1,rpt,“node#”

exten => “node2”,1,rpt,“node2”

to the extensions.conf?

David

[radio-secure]
exten => 503140,1,rpt,503140
exten => 503141,1,rpt,503141

[Nodes]
503140 = radio@127.0.0.1:4569/503140,NONE
503141 = radio@127.0.0.1:4569/503141,NONE

Conrad,

In rpt.conf when installing multiple Nodes on one server In each node’s
stanza change the 127.0.0.1 as shown below to your actual Servers LAN IP
Address then restart Asterisk or reboot.

Example
[Node 503140]
503140 = radio@192.168.XX.XX:4569/503140,NONE
503141 = radio@192.168.XX.XX:4569/503141,NONE

[Node 503141]
503141 = radio@192.168.XX.XX:4569/503141,NONE
503140 = radio@192.168.XX.XX:4569/503140,NONE

Larry - N7FM

···

On 10/18/20 8:42 PM, Conrad Baker via AllStarLink Discussion Groups wrote:

[KG5FQT] KG5FQT https://community.allstarlink.org/u/kg5fqt
October 19

[Nodes]
503140 = radio@127.0.0.1:4569/503140,NONE
503141 = radio@127.0.0.1:4569/503141,NONE


Visit Topic
https://community.allstarlink.org/t/node-wont-connect-other-does/17128/8
or reply to this email to respond.


    Previous Replies

[KG5FQT] KG5FQT https://community.allstarlink.org/u/kg5fqt
October 19

[radio-secure]
exten => 503140,1,rpt,503140
exten => 503141,1,rpt,503141

[David_Shaw] David_Shaw https://community.allstarlink.org/u/david_shaw
October 19

Tom, are both nodes on one server? Or do you have two nodes behind one
router?

If the nodes are on one server. Did you add
[radio-sercure]

exten => “node#”,1,rpt,“node#”

exten => “node2”,1,rpt,“node2”

to the extensions.conf?

David

[wd6awp] wd6awp https://community.allstarlink.org/u/wd6awp ASL Admin
October 17

You transposed a couple node number digits in your last post. Maybe
that’s the issue with registration? Better check iax.conf settings 10
more times :slight_smile:

I assume these two nodes are on the same server which explains why they
can connect to each other even while one is not registered. The
unregistered node will never be able to connect to nodes on the interweb.

Don’t worry about statpost until registration is fixed. Registration has
to work for stats to work but not vise versa.

[KG5FQT] KG5FQT https://community.allstarlink.org/u/kg5fqt
October 15

Anyone else possibly have a idea?? Still having this same issue. I
verified Statpost is correct, and the registration in iax.conf.
Currently, 501340 and 501341 are connected to each other. And I can
connect 501341 can connect to other nodes. However, 501340 is still not
showing green , or any info on bubbles

[KG5FQT] KG5FQT https://community.allstarlink.org/u/kg5fqt
June 14

Thanks Tom. I verified all that about 10 times, ha ha … Even tried to
change the passwords to see if that could have been the issue. No go


Visit Topic
https://community.allstarlink.org/t/node-wont-connect-other-does/17128/8
or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here
https://community.allstarlink.org/email/unsubscribe/86c4179c5f786c6bef8a10c0676d82fc350737bc0a371eb26b15d2589f26a314.

If I’m not mistaken, if there are two or more nodes (same server or multiple servers) on the same LAN with only one external IP, then one would have to be on port 4569 and the other on another port like 4568. You’d need to port forward the new port number (4568) to the same IP address as the first node.

Scott,

My comprehension was a bit confused by part of your post.

“if there are two or more nodes (same server or multiple servers) on the
same LAN with only one external IP”

To clarify there is different treatment between two or more nodes (same
server or multiple servers)

If MULTIPLE SERVERS exist on the same LAN each server should be assigned
it’s own unique IAX bindport number. Say 4569 to one server and 4568 to
the other and so on… as you indicate.

However, any server with MULTIPLE Nodes installed on a SINGLE server
will all utilize the same IAX bindport number configured for that
particular server. such as 4569 for all its nodes within.

Larry - N7FM

···

On 10/19/20 3:02 PM, Scott Hughes via AllStarLink Discussion Groups wrote:

[Scott] Scott https://community.allstarlink.org/u/scott
October 19

If I’m not mistaken, if there are two or more nodes (same server or
multiple servers) on the same LAN with only one external IP, then one
would have to be on port 4569 and the other on another port like 4568.
You’d need to port forward the new port number (4568) to the same IP
address as the first node.


Visit Topic
https://community.allstarlink.org/t/node-wont-connect-other-does/17128/10
or reply to this email to respond.


    Previous Replies

[larry] larry https://community.allstarlink.org/u/larry
October 19

Conrad,

In rpt.conf when installing multiple Nodes on one server In each node’s
stanza change the 127.0.0.1 as shown below to your actual Servers LAN IP
Address then restart Asterisk or reboot.

Example
[Node 503140]
503140 = radio@192.168.XX.XX:4569/503140,NONE
503141 = radio@192.168.XX.XX:4569/503141,NONE

[Node 503141]
503141 = radio@192.168.XX.XX:4569/503141,NONE
503140 = radio@192.168.XX.XX:4569/503140,NONE

Larry - N7FM

··· (click for more details)
https://community.allstarlink.org/t/node-wont-connect-other-does/17128/9
[KG5FQT] KG5FQT https://community.allstarlink.org/u/kg5fqt
October 19

[Nodes]
503140 = radio@127.0.0.1:4569/503140,NONE
503141 = radio@127.0.0.1:4569/503141,NONE

[KG5FQT] KG5FQT https://community.allstarlink.org/u/kg5fqt
October 19

[radio-secure]
exten => 503140,1,rpt,503140
exten => 503141,1,rpt,503141

[David_Shaw] David_Shaw https://community.allstarlink.org/u/david_shaw
October 19

Tom, are both nodes on one server? Or do you have two nodes behind one
router?

If the nodes are on one server. Did you add
[radio-sercure]

exten => “node#”,1,rpt,“node#”

exten => “node2”,1,rpt,“node2”

to the extensions.conf?

David

[wd6awp] wd6awp https://community.allstarlink.org/u/wd6awp ASL Admin
October 17

You transposed a couple node number digits in your last post. Maybe
that’s the issue with registration? Better check iax.conf settings 10
more times :slight_smile:

I assume these two nodes are on the same server which explains why they
can connect to each other even while one is not registered. The
unregistered node will never be able to connect to nodes on the interweb.

Don’t worry about statpost until registration is fixed. Registration has
to work for stats to work but not vise versa.


Visit Topic
https://community.allstarlink.org/t/node-wont-connect-other-does/17128/10
or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here
https://community.allstarlink.org/email/unsubscribe/a13c5ada9ea194eefa7c5a0e9f76c3ef79ac2ecaa68873989354758851691c24.

My understanding was that multiple nodes behind a firewall needed different iax ports. Pardon if what I read was outdated or incorrect.

Scott,

I wasn’t trying to nit-pic. I was trying to help clarify there is a
difference between Node and Server and it makes a difference of how they
are treated. People tend to lump the terms together and it not only
confuses some but causes mistakes during configurations.

Multiple nodes on a single server.
Multiple servers with multiple nodes.
Multiple servers with a single node.

Each needs slightly different treatment.
You may mean one thing but your statement would be incorrect if you say
MULTIPLE NODES and really meant MULTIPLE SERVERS.

However your statement would be correct as long as multiple nodes are on
different servers but it doesn’t say that.

Multiple nodes is not what triggers the need for the different port
usage it is multiple servers that require that need.

For multiple nodes on a single server your router has no knowledge of
actual amount of or Node numbers it just knows that traffic destined for
a certain port (4569) needs to be routed to a certain servers IP address.

At that point Allstar Node numbers have not yet come into play. Only
getting traffic to the proper the server IP matters. Hence a different
server with other nodes requires a different port (4568) to route
traffic to it.

The incoming IAX traffic contains a requests for a connection to a
particular extension number(we refer to as a node number). Asterisk
(being the real brain) then makes a determination according to what is
configured in extensions.conf which (if any) device/node an incoming
call request is sent to. Then it becomes a RING RING (can you hear me
now)thing on a particular NODE.

That is the reason the IAX bindport on each server and the PORT
registered at the Allstarlink.org portal must match or traffic never
gets routed properly to the user end.

Larry - N7FM

···

On 10/19/20 11:10 PM, Scott Hughes via AllStarLink Discussion Groups wrote:

[Scott] Scott https://community.allstarlink.org/u/scott
October 20

My understanding was that multiple nodes behind a firewall needed
different iax ports. Pardon if what I read was outdated or incorrect.


Visit Topic
https://community.allstarlink.org/t/node-wont-connect-other-does/17128/12
or reply to this email to respond.


    Previous Replies

[larry] larry https://community.allstarlink.org/u/larry
October 20

Scott,

My comprehension was a bit confused by part of your post.

“if there are two or more nodes (same server or multiple servers) on the
same LAN with only one external IP”

To clarify there is different treatment between two or more nodes (same
server or multiple servers)

If MULTIPLE SERVERS exist on the same LAN each server should be assigned
it’s own unique IAX bindport number. Say 4569 to one server and 4568 to
the other and so on… as you indicate.

However, any server with MULTIPLE Nodes installed on a SINGLE server
will all utilize the same IAX bindport number configured for that
particular server. such as 4569 for all its nodes within.

Larry - N7FM

··· (click for more details)
https://community.allstarlink.org/t/node-wont-connect-other-does/17128/11
[Scott] Scott https://community.allstarlink.org/u/scott
October 19

If I’m not mistaken, if there are two or more nodes (same server or
multiple servers) on the same LAN with only one external IP, then one
would have to be on port 4569 and the other on another port like 4568.
You’d need to port forward the new port number (4568) to the same IP
address as the first node.

[larry] larry https://community.allstarlink.org/u/larry
October 19

Conrad,

In rpt.conf when installing multiple Nodes on one server In each node’s
stanza change the 127.0.0.1 as shown below to your actual Servers LAN IP
Address then restart Asterisk or reboot.

Example
[Node 503140]
503140 = radio@192.168.XX.XX:4569/503140,NONE
503141 = radio@192.168.XX.XX:4569/503141,NONE

[Node 503141]
503141 = radio@192.168.XX.XX:4569/503141,NONE
503140 = radio@192.168.XX.XX:4569/503140,NONE

Larry - N7FM

··· (click for more details)
https://community.allstarlink.org/t/node-wont-connect-other-does/17128/9
[KG5FQT] KG5FQT https://community.allstarlink.org/u/kg5fqt
October 19

[Nodes]
503140 = radio@127.0.0.1:4569/503140,NONE
503141 = radio@127.0.0.1:4569/503141,NONE

[KG5FQT] KG5FQT https://community.allstarlink.org/u/kg5fqt
October 19

[radio-secure]
exten => 503140,1,rpt,503140
exten => 503141,1,rpt,503141


Visit Topic
https://community.allstarlink.org/t/node-wont-connect-other-does/17128/12
or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here
https://community.allstarlink.org/email/unsubscribe/3d0e1071c95699a7590f7707639400c732dc7999dde708753138df0e35754cde.

We have 1 server. and 2 nodes on that 1 server. 503140 and 503141 .
We originally had this on a pi and it worked fine. That went down for about a month and we replaced it with a computer. And had problems since. I have checked and changed everything people have said above with no changes. Still cant get 503140 to register with Allstar and show green. And the bubble says its not in Database. 503141 shows its info and connects. So I am at a loss. If a admin wants to remote in, contact me through Facebook messenger or email me and I will change password to allow them in if they want to look for themselves. And I can change the password back after. kg5fqt@yahoo.com

Conrad,

Have you verified that you have the correct password (and no typo)in
the 503140 registration statement in iax.conf It needs to match what is
in listed in your “Node” setup at allstarlink.org.

You evidently have the 503141 correct as it registers.

You need both 503140 and 503141 registration statements and each
seperate password to be listed in iax.conf

Larry - N7FM

···

On 10/27/20 10:28 AM, Conrad Baker via AllStarLink Discussion Groups wrote:

[KG5FQT] KG5FQT https://community.allstarlink.org/u/kg5fqt
October 27

We have 1 server. and 2 nodes on that 1 server. 503140 and 503141 .
We originally had this on a pi and it worked fine. That went down for
about a month and we replaced it with a computer. And had problems
since. I have checked and changed everything people have said above with
no changes. Still cant get 503140 to register with Allstar and show
green. And the bubble says its not in Database. 503141 shows its info
and connects. So I am at a loss. If a admin wants to remote in, contact
me through Facebook messenger or email me and I will change password to
allow them in if they want to look for themselves. And I can change the
password back after. kg5fqt@yahoo.com mailto:kg5fqt@yahoo.com


Visit Topic
https://community.allstarlink.org/t/node-wont-connect-other-does/17128/14
or reply to this email to respond.


    Previous Replies

[larry] larry https://community.allstarlink.org/u/larry
October 20

Scott,

I wasn’t trying to nit-pic. I was trying to help clarify there is a
difference between Node and Server and it makes a difference of how they
are treated. People tend to lump the terms together and it not only
confuses some but causes mistakes during configurations.

Multiple nodes on a single server.
Multiple servers with multiple nodes.
Multiple servers with a single node.

Each needs slightly different treatment.
You may mean one thing but your statement would be incorrect if you say
MULTIPLE NODES and really meant MULTIPLE SERVERS.

However your statement would be correct as long as multiple nodes are on
different servers but it doesn’t say that.

Multiple nodes is not what triggers the need for the different port
usage it is multiple servers that require that need.

For multiple nodes on a single server your router has no knowledge of
actual amount of or Node numbers it just knows that traffic destined for
a certain port (4569) needs to be routed to a certain servers IP address.

At that point Allstar Node numbers have not yet come into play. Only
getting traffic to the proper the server IP matters. Hence a different
server with other nodes requires a different port (4568) to route
traffic to it.

The incoming IAX traffic contains a requests for a connection to a
particular extension number(we refer to as a node number). Asterisk
(being the real brain) then makes a determination according to what is
configured in extensions.conf which (if any) device/node an incoming
call request is sent to. Then it becomes a RING RING (can you hear me
now)thing on a particular NODE.

That is the reason the IAX bindport on each server and the PORT
registered at the Allstarlink.org http://Allstarlink.org portal must
match or traffic never
gets routed properly to the user end.

Larry - N7FM

··· (click for more details)
https://community.allstarlink.org/t/node-wont-connect-other-does/17128/13
[Scott] Scott https://community.allstarlink.org/u/scott
October 20

My understanding was that multiple nodes behind a firewall needed
different iax ports. Pardon if what I read was outdated or incorrect.

[larry] larry https://community.allstarlink.org/u/larry
October 20

Scott,

My comprehension was a bit confused by part of your post.

“if there are two or more nodes (same server or multiple servers) on the
same LAN with only one external IP”

To clarify there is different treatment between two or more nodes (same
server or multiple servers)

If MULTIPLE SERVERS exist on the same LAN each server should be assigned
it’s own unique IAX bindport number. Say 4569 to one server and 4568 to
the other and so on… as you indicate.

However, any server with MULTIPLE Nodes installed on a SINGLE server
will all utilize the same IAX bindport number configured for that
particular server. such as 4569 for all its nodes within.

Larry - N7FM

··· (click for more details)
https://community.allstarlink.org/t/node-wont-connect-other-does/17128/11
[Scott] Scott https://community.allstarlink.org/u/scott
October 19

If I’m not mistaken, if there are two or more nodes (same server or
multiple servers) on the same LAN with only one external IP, then one
would have to be on port 4569 and the other on another port like 4568.
You’d need to port forward the new port number (4568) to the same IP
address as the first node.

[larry] larry https://community.allstarlink.org/u/larry
October 19

Conrad,

In rpt.conf when installing multiple Nodes on one server In each node’s
stanza change the 127.0.0.1 as shown below to your actual Servers LAN IP
Address then restart Asterisk or reboot.

Example
[Node 503140]
503140 = radio@192.168.XX.XX:4569/503140,NONE
503141 = radio@192.168.XX.XX:4569/503141,NONE

[Node 503141]
503141 = radio@192.168.XX.XX:4569/503141,NONE
503140 = radio@192.168.XX.XX:4569/503140,NONE

Larry - N7FM

··· (click for more details)
https://community.allstarlink.org/t/node-wont-connect-other-does/17128/9

Visit Topic
https://community.allstarlink.org/t/node-wont-connect-other-does/17128/14
or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here
https://community.allstarlink.org/email/unsubscribe/446acf3b7a6876e67ba1f8326f2bc337d4a98f7a8ad24ce57d1135a1e2e85c89.

Same password for both, both match.

Conrad, Are you saying when you have NNX (6 digit nodes) all extra nodes
you create register with a single password?

I’ve never had an NNX setup so not familiar with how that is configured.
If different. Perhaps Tim will enlighten us if something different needs
to be done for the registration to work.

I assume you have visited the allstarlink.org and made sure under the
PORTAL tab that the info for 503140 node and it’s password exists and
has no error.

Larry - N7FM

···

On 10/27/20 12:52 PM, Conrad Baker via AllStarLink Discussion Groups wrote:

[KG5FQT] KG5FQT https://community.allstarlink.org/u/kg5fqt
October 27

Same password for both, both match.


Visit Topic
https://community.allstarlink.org/t/node-wont-connect-other-does/17128/16
or reply to this email to respond.


    Previous Replies

[larry] larry https://community.allstarlink.org/u/larry
October 27

Conrad,

Have you verified that you have the correct password (and no typo)in
the 503140 registration statement in iax.conf It needs to match what is
in listed in your “Node” setup at allstarlink.org http://allstarlink.org.

You evidently have the 503141 correct as it registers.

You need both 503140 and 503141 registration statements and each
seperate password to be listed in iax.conf

Larry - N7FM

··· (click for more details)
https://community.allstarlink.org/t/node-wont-connect-other-does/17128/15
[KG5FQT] KG5FQT https://community.allstarlink.org/u/kg5fqt
October 27

We have 1 server. and 2 nodes on that 1 server. 503140 and 503141 .
We originally had this on a pi and it worked fine. That went down for
about a month and we replaced it with a computer. And had problems
since. I have checked and changed everything people have said above with
no changes. Still cant get 503140 to register with Allstar and show
green. And the bubble says its not in Database. 503141 shows its info
and connects. So I am at a loss. If a admin wants to remote in, contact
me through Facebook messenger or email me and I will change password to
allow them in if they want to look for themselves. And I can change the
password back after. kg5fqt@yahoo.com mailto:kg5fqt@yahoo.com

[larry] larry https://community.allstarlink.org/u/larry
October 20

Scott,

I wasn’t trying to nit-pic. I was trying to help clarify there is a
difference between Node and Server and it makes a difference of how they
are treated. People tend to lump the terms together and it not only
confuses some but causes mistakes during configurations.

Multiple nodes on a single server.
Multiple servers with multiple nodes.
Multiple servers with a single node.

Each needs slightly different treatment.
You may mean one thing but your statement would be incorrect if you say
MULTIPLE NODES and really meant MULTIPLE SERVERS.

However your statement would be correct as long as multiple nodes are on
different servers but it doesn’t say that.

Multiple nodes is not what triggers the need for the different port
usage it is multiple servers that require that need.

For multiple nodes on a single server your router has no knowledge of
actual amount of or Node numbers it just knows that traffic destined for
a certain port (4569) needs to be routed to a certain servers IP address.

At that point Allstar Node numbers have not yet come into play. Only
getting traffic to the proper the server IP matters. Hence a different
server with other nodes requires a different port (4568) to route
traffic to it.

The incoming IAX traffic contains a requests for a connection to a
particular extension number(we refer to as a node number). Asterisk
(being the real brain) then makes a determination according to what is
configured in extensions.conf which (if any) device/node an incoming
call request is sent to. Then it becomes a RING RING (can you hear me
now)thing on a particular NODE.

That is the reason the IAX bindport on each server and the PORT
registered at the Allstarlink.org http://Allstarlink.org portal must
match or traffic never
gets routed properly to the user end.

Larry - N7FM

··· (click for more details)
https://community.allstarlink.org/t/node-wont-connect-other-does/17128/13
[Scott] Scott https://community.allstarlink.org/u/scott
October 20

My understanding was that multiple nodes behind a firewall needed
different iax ports. Pardon if what I read was outdated or incorrect.

[larry] larry https://community.allstarlink.org/u/larry
October 20

Scott,

My comprehension was a bit confused by part of your post.

“if there are two or more nodes (same server or multiple servers) on the
same LAN with only one external IP”

To clarify there is different treatment between two or more nodes (same
server or multiple servers)

If MULTIPLE SERVERS exist on the same LAN each server should be assigned
it’s own unique IAX bindport number. Say 4569 to one server and 4568 to
the other and so on… as you indicate.

However, any server with MULTIPLE Nodes installed on a SINGLE server
will all utilize the same IAX bindport number configured for that
particular server. such as 4569 for all its nodes within.

Larry - N7FM

··· (click for more details)
https://community.allstarlink.org/t/node-wont-connect-other-does/17128/11

Visit Topic
https://community.allstarlink.org/t/node-wont-connect-other-does/17128/16
or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here
https://community.allstarlink.org/email/unsubscribe/e8c81f9863b4ae6d0bb5eaf65f22a6c165dda56db9c981254338a41fb3353ddb.