Node reporting wrong IP Address to allstarlink.org

I’ve been working on a node the several hours, have gone as far as doing a total rebuild with ASL Beta 2.0. In /var/lib/asterisk/rpt_extnodes 56930=radio@135.135.21.70:4569/56930,135.135.21.70 is what shows. It’s reporting to allstarlink.org just fine. This IP address is not correct though. The in the cli I get this, Registered IAX2 to ‘34.105.111.212’, who sees us as 44.31.122.34:4569 with no messages waiting. The 44 IP address is the correct ip address and the one that should be showing in rpt_extnodes. Can anyone tell me why it’s showing a different ip address rather than the 44 ip address that is correct in the CLI?

I suspect the 44 IP is a sub IP of 135, which is a public IP. In Wisconsin. In other words, your ISP is not providing you with a public IP which is required by AllstarLink. In other words, AllstarLink can only see the public IP (135) in the address trail. It appears another layer of port forwarding would be required. The only way I know to possibly get around this is to use a VPN service that reports a public IP that is unique to you. It seems I saw a report online somewhere that StarLink users have found a way to solve this.

Thanks,
Bob
K6ECM

Looks like your not coming out via your 44-net VPN. What does this command return for an IP address.

wget -q --timeout=15 --tries=2 -O- http://checkip.dyndns.com:8245

If not your 44-net VPN address, you may have a problem with the VPN client configuration. Is the VPN client running?

systemctl status openvpn@client.service

David
WD5M