Node not in menu

I’m working on Allmon2 on my Raspberry PI 3 node. I am seeing index.php in my browser and I am able to login. I am not seeing any errors , but my node is not being displayed in the menu.

I am sure I missed something, but I don’t know what. I’ve checked the configuration several times.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Stuart
WB6RXG

That sure sounds like a configuration error. If you keep the original allmon.ini.txt file you might copy it per the README and try your edits again.

I’m going to clarify my issue now that I understand it a little better. I’m not getting any of the menu items/buttons on my allmon2 web page. I’ve been through the configs several times and everything looks correct.

PHP 7 was installed rather than PHP 5, could that be the problem?

Thanks,
Stuart
WB6RXG

Would you like me to have a look at your node? If so please let me know and we can start a PM to make arrangements.

That’s a possibility. Unfortunately, I ran out of time to work
on it and I’m not sure when I can get back to it. So i’ll have to
figure out when and get back to you.

The configuration edits seem pretty simple and straightforward
and I’ve checked them multiple times. Everything looks to be
correct.

···

On 5/1/2020 1:35 PM, Tim Sawyer via
AllStarLink Discussion Groups wrote:

wd6awp
wd6awp ASL Admin

              May 1

Would you like me to
have a look at your node? If so please let me know and we
can start a PM to make arrangements.


Visit Topic
or reply to this email to respond.


In Reply To

sschafffert
sschafffert

              May 1

I’m going to clarify my issue
now that I understand it a little better. I’m not getting
any of the menu items/buttons on my allmon2 web page. I’ve
been through the configs several times and everything looks
correct. PHP 7 was installed rather than PHP 5, could that
be the problem? Thanks, Stua…


Visit
Topic
or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

I managed to fix it. I was sanitizing the configs so as to not give away my password when it started working and the menu showed up on the web page. Apparently, the password cannot contain certain special characters in my case it didn’t like the explanation point.

Is there documentation somewhere to that effect that I missed? If not maybe there should be.

Thanks for replying
73
Stuart
WB6RXG

That’s a new one! Thanks for the update, might help the next guy.

The only thing I changed was the password and things started
working. I can try putting an exclamation point in the password
and see if the problem returns. It would be an interesting test.

···

On 5/2/2020 6:26 AM, Tim Sawyer via
AllStarLink Discussion Groups wrote:

wd6awp
wd6awp ASL Admin

              May 2

That’s a new one! Thanks
for the update, might help the next guy.


Visit Topic
or reply to this email to respond.


In Reply To

sschafffert
sschafffert

              May 2

I managed to fix it. I was
sanitizing the configs so as to not give away my password
when it started working and the menu showed up on the web
page. Apparently, the password cannot contain certain
special characters in my case it didn’t like the explanation
point. Is there documentation somewhere…


Visit
Topic
or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

It is confirmed as repeatable. I put an exclamation point at the end of the working password in the allmon.ini.php file and the menu will not load on the allmon2 webpage. Remove the exclamation point and the menu shows up. The exclamation point may be a PHP reserved character.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.