Node authentication

I have a node set up for use by Zoiper phone connections. We use macros, accessed by the Zoiper key pad, in this node to send DTMF commands to a repeater. Can another node be set up with the proper authentication to connect the same or some other way to access the DTMF macros.
If so How? I have researched this with no real answer.
Thanks for any help on this subject.

I’m not clear on what you are asking. Maybe others aren’t either as your question is a couple of days old with no response. Please describe the problem rather than what you feel might be an approach to the solution.

I will try to restate my question.
We have authentication set up for use with Zoiper in our node. We have Cop 48 strings set up to send DTMF strings to our repeater. The question is can another node be set up to connect to our node and access the Cop 48 strings? If so How.

When you defined your cop,48 strings as you call them, are they defined as a command ?

A defined command(s) can also be manipulated together in a macro

And either the command or the macro is callable from any connected node in ‘command mode’

That would be a connection made with a *4xxxxxxx command as apossed to *2 or *3 but working the same. The system will hang in TX while in command mode until you disconnect with a #

Otherwise there is no reason to send dtmf strings to some other regular connected node without a conflict. It must be a connection in command mode to transfer commands from the remotely connected node.

A suggestion to do it this way to a example node 12345

Connect to the node in at least monitor mode, but can be in transceive

*2 12345

Then connect in command mode

*4 12345

The remote system will play a sound file from star wars ‘by your command’

You are now in command mode and all the dtmf you send must be commands that are acceptable to the remote connection.

a ‘#’ will terminate the session. OR it will time out of inactivity but keeping your TX active the whole time in this mode.

Hope that is what you where expecting.

Mike,
Still no success.
In the node we are connecting to we have programmed 8300=Cop,48,#,A which sends DTMF #A to the repeater. This works fine with Zoiper. I tied the *4 + node number and get the “by your command”. When I dialed *8300 I get nothing. Dialing any numbers I get error messages i think from both nodes.
There must be some programming needed in the connected node for this to work.
If you or anyone had any ideas I would appreciate it.
Wayne

Mike,
After reading your post again I have a question.
Are the Cop, 48’s themselves commands? If not, that may be the problem. If they need to be in a command or macro can you give me an examole of what it should look like and where it should be placed in the program.
Thank you.
Wayne

When you issue a command available for that node to execute, that would be the
8300 that you would execute from the local node.
You do not need that when running in command mode at all.

Simply do as

then the command you want to execute on the other node.
The command must exist on the node.

in this state of command mode,
You are entering commands as if you are actually on that node. so, only it’s command list will be valid.
Not the node you are connecting from. That is bypassed while in command mode.

You might try a test so you get the feel of it with a fiends node or a second node of your own.
After you enter command mode, enter a connection for rx on some other node.
The end the command mode (#) to end command mode and disconnect.(*1xxxxx) from that node.
List the connections on your node (*70)
You will see that you do not have that connection, but the remote node you commanded does.

That is the kind of intentional use.

I have servers/nodes in the cloud and if I am not near a computer and want to change a setting on one of my hubs,
this is the method I would use.

Hope that gets you on the right path.

cop 48 might be used where you have only a rf link that does not connect using the ASL software.
And is to generate dtmf on the TX output.to command a repeater controller for instance.

Sending DTMF of TX output has repercussions for all that are downstream connected.
So, it should only be done under strict condition.

For ASL/Asterisk does not natively send DTMF but uses a coding system in the iax stream along with voice data and text data. There are RFC standards you can google that explain that more.

The DTMF sequence can be sent to the local node from a Zoiper connection and from DTMF button in Supermon when connected to the local node. So, I believe the Cop 48 commands are correct.

When using the *4 + node number access from another remote node on the same local area network or across town it does not work. What happens is the remote node appears to be locked up with no voice transmissions other than the ‘by your command’.
The # will not disconnect the nodes. The only way we can disconnect is by Supermon or powering down the local node. If this works there is some other programming needed in our local node.
What is needed?

I don’t think we are talking the same thing here.

cop48 just generates dtmf on the tx output on a node by the node. So, what is the target of that dtmf ?

You just said it. DTMF output on the node connected radio to a repeater.

https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/Transmitting_Tone_Sequences
Pay attention only to that which pertains to DTMF.

Then just execute the assigned command. after creation
Don’t forget to save / restart.