No wifi adapter found, Cannot ssh

Just completed installing/configuring ASL (via wifi) on dell wyse 3040. Node is connecting as seen in supermon/allscan monitor. However, I cannot ssh when I tried with putty. When I checked the settings in 3040, its says “No Wifi adapter found”. I already edited sshd_config file but still cannot ssh. Cant find any similar issue in the forum.

putty

Was it the copy in ./etc/ssh/sshd_config?

Also, if the intent is remote in as root, then that must be enabled in the file as well.

Bob
K6ECM

1 Like

Been there, done that; the 3040 requires 2 drivers from the “non-free” Debian distribution. I can’t dig up the site now but if you do a little googling, there’s a Debian distribution site that has the non-free drivers included.

-Bob
KK6RQ

EDIT: I just remembered I still had those files saved; I don’t personally know how to install the drivers after the fact so I recommend just reinstalling. Put the files on a separate thumb drive that’s plugged in while you’re installing and it’ll find them.

1 Like

Note that the error message says, “refused.” SSH is working but the login, such as “root” is not allowed or… you may be using the wrong port (22 vs 222). allscan.info has a really good treatise on how to get the 3040 up and running… I have been able to get one 3040 on wifi and the other, nope!!!

You obviously have a network connection by whatever means.

Check your ssh_config

Port 222     <***************************************
#AddressFamily any
#ListenAddress 0.0.0.0
#ListenAddress ::

#HostKey /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key
#HostKey /etc/ssh/ssh_host_ecdsa_key
#HostKey /etc/ssh/ssh_host_ed25519_key

# Ciphers and keying
#RekeyLimit default none

# Logging
#SyslogFacility AUTH
#LogLevel INFO

# Authentication:

#LoginGraceTime 2m
PermitRootLogin yes   <*********************************

Be sure the required fields are not commented out.

If you are trying to SSH from outside your NAT, you will need to port that through your router.

1 Like

Thanks Mike. Issue resolved. Its the port# missing in the sshd_config file.

TO all others who replied… Bob/K6ECM, Bob/KK6RQ & Forking_Pork …
thanks for your time in replying and trying to assists me. Appreciate it.

-Edwin

1 Like

You were seen by the node, just refused. Try port 22

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.