No such command, Echolink

I have followed the steps to install Echolink on my linux PC ASL node but the command Echolink is not found when entered in Asterisk CLI. Also Echolink connections using DTMF commands from an HT radio do not work. Other Allstarlink commands do work. Here’s what I have done so far:

• Set the module chan_echolink.so to load and verified that it is loaded.
  • Forwarded ports 5198 UDP 5199 UDP and 5200 TCP to my node computer.
  • Obtained and verified the Echolink node KE0SDV-L in addition to my existing KE0SDV node
  • Tested the Echolink node KE0SDV-L using the Windows Echolink program and it showed up in the active Echolink node list.
  • Uhpdated Echolink.conf as shown below and rebooted the node.

[el0]
call = KE0SDV-L ; Change this!
pwd = ******** ; Change this!
name = Bob Leavitt ; Change this!
qth = Estes Park CO ; Change this!
email = bob@bobleavitt.com ; Change this!
node = 855137 ; Change this!
; Data for EchoLink Status Page
lat = 40.4 ; Latitude in decimal degrees
lon = -105.5 ; Longitude in decimal degrees
freq = 145.200 ; not mandatory Frequency in MHz
tone = 0.0 ; not mandatory CTCSS Tone (0 for none)
power = 5 ; 0=0W, 1=1W, 2=4W, 3=9W, 4=16W, 5=25W, 6=36W, 7=49W, 8=64W, 9=81W (Power in Watts)
height = 0 ; 0=10 1=20 2=40 3=80 4=160 5=320 6=640 7=1280 8=2560 9=5120 (AMSL in Feet)
gain = 1 ; Gain in db (0-9)
dir = 0 ; 0=omni 1=45deg 2=90deg 3=135deg 4=180deg 5=225deg 6=270deg 7=315deg 8=360deg (Direction)

maxstns = 20 ; Max Stations

rtcptimeout = 10 ; Max number of missed heartbeats from EL
recfile = /tmp/echolink_recorded.gsm ;
astnode = 56376 ; Change this!
context = radio-secure ; Default in code is echolink-in

; Max 3 servers
server1 = nasouth.echolink.org
server2 = naeast.echolink.org
server3 = server3.echolink.org

; To deny w6xxx you would add the statement: deny = w6xxx
; To prohibit computer-based connections you would write: permit = -
; To allow access to only a select group of callsigns: permit = w6abc,w6def,…

; permit ; comma delimited list of callsign, type (-r)
; deny

; Remote text commands thru netcat:
; o.conip (request a connect)
; o.dconip (request a disconnect)
; o.rec (turn on/off recording)

; ipaddr
; port

#includeifexists custom/echolink.conf

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong.

Thanks,
Bob
KE0SDV
ASL Node 56376

Also, I shut down the Windows Echolink program immediately after testing the KE0SDV-L node and it disappeared from the active Echolink node list.

Did you enable the echolink module ?
See /etc/asterisk/modules.conf

load => chan_echolink.so

It seems that was not in the wiki if that is what you were following.
I just added it.
Let us know if you still have issues.

If the asterisk cli echolink does not exist, then the chan_echolink module is not loading/active. If it is loaded, the following asterisk cli command would result as shown.

module show like echolink
Module                         Description                              Use Count
chan_echolink.so               echolink channel driver                  1
1 modules loaded

You might recheck modules.conf for mistakes. You might also try loading the module with the cli command like:
module load chan_echolink.so

David M
WD5M

Here’s what I got from the commands you suggested, first module show like echolinkseems to show that the module is loaded. Then I entered module load chan_echolink.so and got multiple parsing header errors on echolink servers. Those messages are continuing to display as long as I have the CLI open.

estesvalleyCLI> module show like echolink
Module Description Use Count
chan_echolink.so echolink channel driver 0
1 modules loaded
== Refreshing DNS lookups. chan_echolink.so
estesvalley
CLI> module load chan_echolink.so
== Registered channel type ‘echolink’ (Echolink channel driver)
Loaded chan_echolink.so => (echolink channel driver)
[Mar 6 11:12:22] ERROR[17897]: chan_echolink.c:2401 do_el_directory: Error in parsing heade r on nasouth.echolink.org
[Mar 6 11:12:32] ERROR[17897]: chan_echolink.c:2401 do_el_directory: Error in parsing header on naeast.ec holink.org
[Mar 6 11:12:53] ERROR[17897]: chan_echolink.c:2401 do_el_directory: Error in parsing header on server3.e cholink.org
[Mar 6 11:13:12] ERROR[17897]: chan_echolink.c:2401 do_el_directory: Error in parsing header on nasouth.echolink.org
[Mar 6 11:13:32] ERROR[17897]: chan_echolink.c:2401 do_el_directory: Error in parsing header on naeast.echolink.org
[Mar 6 11:13:57] ERROR[17897]: chan_echolink.c:2401 do_el_directory: Error in parsing header on server3.echolink.org
[Mar 6 11:14:12] ERROR[17897]: chan_echolink.c:2401 do_el_directory: Error in parsing header on nasouth.echolink.org
estesvalley*CLI>

server1=naeast.echolink.org
server2=nasouth.echolink.org
server3=backup.echolink.org
server4=servers.echolink.org

Make sure to give it time to login and get a list before you attempt connection to other echolink sites. error in parsing is due to it not being logged into echolink. also add this line to your echolink.conf file

confmode=no

This is resolved. I had a lightbulb moment. When you enter echolink by itself it returns command not found. However, when you enter echolink dbdump or with any other valid parameter the command returns the expected results. I expected that entering echolink by itself would return the command with an indication of what additional information is needed instead of saying there is no such command.

My Echolink node began working once I got the right information into echolink.conf. The servers I am using are the ones listed in the Pi echolink.conf file:
server1=server1.echolink.org
server2=server3.echolink.org
server3=server4.echolink.org

Thanks for your help.
Bob
KE0SDV

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.