NNX nodes do not show up on node map. Original node shows up as inactive

Hi all,

I just finished setting up and tweaking the files for two SHARI nodes and they both connect and work properly. I also have them working with Supermon. I am using the Hamvoip software.

However, I NNXed my original node number and now my two nodes are 510560 and 510561. Both of my NNX nodes show up on the AllStarlink Node List, but without a green background. They do not show up in the Allstarlink Active Nodes List. My NNX nodes do not show up at all on the Allstar Node Map, but my original node 51056 shows up as inactive. Both of my NNX nodes are set up in my Allstarlink Portal and Node Settings. They have been active for over 24 hours.

The are connected to other Allstar nodes and I have been using them for about two weeks.

Stew
KB3JRB

1 Like

Stew,

It looks like your nnx nodes are not registering with the Allstarlink registration servers. This could be because your node password is wrong. Login to your Allstarlink web portal account and check the passwords for each of your nnx nodes.
then log into your node and go to /etc/asterisk/iax.conf file and look under [general ]

register=(yournodenumber):(yourpassword)@register.allstarlink.org

You’ll need to do this for each nnx node.

Or you can check out the easy to follow directions on the all star link wiki

Wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/Node_Registration

Marshall - ke6pcv

···

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 3, 2020, at 11:05 PM, Stew L via AllStarLink Discussion Groups noreply@community.allstarlink.org wrote:

| Stew_L
August 4 |

• | - |

Hi all,

I just finished setting up two SHARI nodes and they both connect and work properly. I also have them working with Supermon.

However, I NNXed my original node number and now my two nodes are 510560 and 510561. Both of my NNX nodes show up on the AllStar Link Node List, but without a green background. My NNX nodes do not show up at all on the Allstar Node Map, but my original node 51056 shows up as inactive. Both of my NNX nodes are set up in my Portal and Node Settings. They have been active for over 24 hours.

Stew
KB3JRB

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Marshall,

Thanks. For some reason I had my bind port in the register line instead of my password. I also had " => " on each line instead of the “=” sign. Now it looks like this for each of my two NNX nodes.

;register=51056#4569:(MyHamvoipPassword)@register.hamvoip.org
register=510560#4569:(MyHamvoipPassword)@register.hamvoip.org
register=510560:(MyAllstarLinkPassword)@register.allstarlink.org

same thing with 510561 and 4568 for my other node.

The nodes have been up for almost 24 hours but do not appear yet. I will have to wait awhile to see if database is updated to see if my NNX nodes appear and my original node disappears from the map. Everything is working including Supermon.

Thanks.
Stew
KB3JRB

Hi Stew,

The use of an “=” sign versus “=>” is interchangeable in AllStar / HamVoIP.

The (NodeNumber)#(BindPort) notation is custom and optional for HamVoIP. In HamVoIP, if you omit the #(BindPort) part, your node’s perceived outbound port (as shown with “iax2 show registry”) is used and advertised.

What does the output from your “iax2 show registry” command show??

73, David KB4FXC

Hi David,

The output from my “iax2 show registry” command is below.

Stew
KB3JRB

Strange…No idea. It might be worth going to the www.allstarlink.org website and changing the password for node 510560. Then, try the new password.

Thanks David,

Fixed. Thanks.

This shows why one should copy & paste. When I wrote down my password, my “6” looked like a “b.” Your hint of changing the password led me to checking it, when I saw that I entered one character incorrectly. I fixed it, and now my nodes show up on the Allstar Link Node List with a green background.
Allstar Node List
I am wondering why only one node shows up on the Allstar Node map so far.
AllstarNodeMap
Of course, I backed up my SD cards. :grin:

Thanks.
Stew
KB3JRB

1 Like

Hi David,

I changed the password for both nodes.
Each node always shows up or down correctly on the Allstar Link Node List.
When I have no nodes up, the Node Map shows 51056, and that it is down.
When I have 510560 up by itself, the Node Map shows 510560 is up
When I have 510561 up by itself, the Node Map shows 510560 is up.
When I have both nodes up, the Node Map shows 510560 is up.
510561 never shows up on the Node Map.
If I change the setting to view Online Nodes only, it shows 510560 is up.
If I change the setting to view All nodes, it shows 51056 is offline.
Both nodes are working correctly.

Stew
KB3JRB

1 Like

Stew,

Carefully check your /etc/asterisk/rpt.conf files and confirm that you’ve got the correct node numbers for the stanzas. So, a stanza labeled [510560] for the first node and [510561] for the second. Also, confirm that the /etc/asterisk/iax.conf file has the corresponding registration statement for each node.

73, David KB4FXC

1 Like

Dave,

I have very carefully checked my rpt.conf and iax.conf files for the proper node numbers; 510560 & 510561, and the corresponding Allstar passwords. It is all correct in the stanza labels and the statement lines.

Why would my original node still show up on the Allstar Node Map as not connected when my nodes are not on, or when I click on All Nodes.

Stew
KB3JRB

1 Like

Stew,

The ASL stats server seems to be showing the correct info for your nodes. See:

http://stats.allstarlink.org/nodeinfo.cgi?node=510560
http://stats.allstarlink.org/nodeinfo.cgi?node=510561

Also, node 51056 doesn’t show up?

Where are you seeing the problem occurring?

73, David KB4FXC

1 Like

Dave,

Node 51056 does show up as inactive sometimes as shown below. I would think that it would not show at all since it is no longer registered. I am seeing the problem on allstarmap.org.
This is set to All Nodes with both nodes up and connected.
This is set to Active Nodes with both nodes up and connected.
If I have only 510561 online, it shows on the map as 51060.
This is with only 510561 online and connected. 510560 is powered-down.

Stew
KB3JRB

1 Like

he changed his ip address i blocked the new one

the next step will be to remove allstar from all outside connections

i have told him several times to stop connecting

feel free to tell him to go away if he changes his ip address again

···

On Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 08:19:10 PM PDT, David McGough via AllStarLink Discussion Groups noreply@community.allstarlink.org wrote:

| David_McGough
August 6 |

• | - |

Stew,

Carefully check your /etc/asterisk/rpt.conf files and confirm that you’ve got the correct node numbers for the stanzas. So, a stanza labeled [510560] for the first node and [510561] for the second. Also, confirm that the /etc/asterisk/iax.conf file has the corresponding registration statement for each node.

73, David KB4FXC

In Reply To

| Stew_L
August 5 |

• | - |

Hi David, I changed the password for both nodes. Each node always shows up or down correctly on the Allstar Link Node List. When I have no nodes up, the Node Map shows 51056, and that it is down. When I have 510560 up by itself, the Node Map shows 510560 is up When I have 510561 up by itself, t…

Previous Replies

| Stew_L
August 5 |

• | - |

Hi David,

I changed the password for both nodes.
Each node always shows up or down correctly on the Allstar Link Node List.
When I have no nodes up, the Node Map shows 51056, and that it is down.
When I have 510560 up by itself, the Node Map shows 510560 is up
When I have 510561 up by itself, the Node Map shows 510560 is up.
When I have both nodes up, the Node Map shows 510560 is up.
510561 never shows up on the Node Map.
If I change the setting to view Online Nodes only, it shows 510560 is up.
If I change the setting to view All nodes, it shows 51056 is offline.
Both nodes are working correctly.

Stew
KB3JRB

| Stew_L
August 5 |

• | - |

Thanks David,

Fixed. Thanks.

This shows why one should copy & paste. When I wrote down my password, my “6” looked like a “b.” Your hint of changing the password led me to checking it, when I saw that I entered one character incorrectly. I fixed it, and now my nodes show up on the Allstar Link Node List with a green background.
Allstar Node List
I am wondering why only one node shows up on the Allstar Node map so far.
AllstarNodeMap
Of course, I backed up my SD cards. :grin:

Thanks.
Stew
KB3JRB

| David_McGough
August 5 |

• | - |

Strange…No idea. It might be worth going to the www.allstarlink.org website and changing the password for node 510560. Then, try the new password.

| Stew_L
August 5 |

• | - |

Hi David,

The output from my “iax2 show registry” command is below.

iax2 show registry

Stew
KB3JRB

| David_McGough
August 5 |

• | - |

Hi Stew,

The use of an “=” sign versus “=>” is interchangeable in AllStar / HamVoIP.

The (NodeNumber)#(BindPort) notation is custom and optional for HamVoIP. In HamVoIP, if you omit the #(BindPort) part, your node’s perceived outbound port (as shown with “iax2 show registry”) is used and advertised.

What does the output from your “iax2 show registry” command show??

73, David KB4FXC

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

1 Like

Chris,

What are you talking about? I have no idea why you posted this comment.

Stew
KB3JRB

1 Like

Final update. When I wrote down my Allstar password, my “6” looked like a “b.” I corrected it in my node’s files and now it is all working. "Always Copy & Paste."

1 Like