New Shari PiHat-4U

I am new to AllStarLink. I bought a Kits4Hams Shari PuHat-4U assembled, programmed, and tested. After plugging in the memory module, I powered it up, and a voice ID was heard on my Yaesu FT-5D, filled by the IP address.

I logged into my router to add port forwarding of port 4569 to the IP address assigned to the Shari PiHat-4U.

I tried connecting to two different parrot nodes, and both failed to connect and parrot my transmissions.

I checked the Repeater Phone app on my iPhone, and the app reported that the node is offline. I’m not sure what I’m missing.

There’s 4 different passwords in the Kits 4 Hams configuration sheet. The four different passwords are for AllStarLink.org, node, HamVOIP, and Supermon. I’m guessing that the node needs to log into the AllStarLink.org site in order for the node to be online.

The Shari PiHat-4U appears to be working locally, but I’m not able to connect to any nodes.

I’m not sure what might be causing the trouble.

Dave KY0L

What is ‘your node number’ in question of connecting ?

The first check is to see if it is properly registered in the network.

Also, your ISP should supply you with a public IP address, IPv4, required to locate the registered node. Connections are peer-to-peer.

Bob
K6ECM

The first thing is to log in to allstarlink.org Got to nodes and see if you are registered…If not, hover over password area and your password should appear… use that in your allstar setup… port forwarding 4569 is only for people to connect to YOU. Get rid of it until you get connected to allstarlink. Need help after that, post here or e-mail me… lr60@yahoo.com de NH6FU