New Hardware Setup

Setting up new node with RA-40 and Motorola CDM1550. Modified usbradio.conf for ctcssfrom=no (using carrier squelch). Have wired radio COS to both COS and CTCSS inputs to the RA-40 Ran #2 on radio-tune and got ‘noise sufficient RX Squelch set to 589 (RSSI=439)’. Squelch set (#5) Current Signal = 425, Current Squelch set 589. Transmit side seems fine (F) keys radio and sends out tones.

Problem: run #3 and see NO audio displayed, and node does not respond to DTMF tones. Audio going in on pin 6 and both COS and CTCSS being pulled to ground when Motorola receiving signal. At a loss to explain (or fix) why the audio is not being display using menu #3 - any help would be appreciated. Curt

@kuggie gets on here from time to time. Maybe he’ll have some tips for you if I’m no help.

For testing I like to disable CTCSS. Set ctcssfrom=no for now. One less variable to deal with. And I see that you already did that. Good!

Do you have carrierfrom=dsp ?

These are usbradio.conf settings, of course.

Also, it seems unlikely that you could have gotten as far as you have without this setting but… check modules.conf for load => chan_usbradio.so ; USB Console Channel Driver

Please post a copy of your usbradio.conf file here. Thanks Kevin.

Thanks for the replies. Turns out I needed to invert the COS signal in the configuration and it started working.

I’m able to use most commands, but find *81 and *80 don’t seem to work. I get a tone after unkeying, but no information comes through. *70 works and *340894 works, so don’t understand why I can’t get ID and time to work - am I missing something? Thanks, Curt

It could be a level issue. Take a look at this video a friend of mine made: https://youtu.be/Ruq6M3EFI1w

···

On Mon, Feb 17, 2020, 10:02 PM Curt Helstrom via AllStarLink Discussion Groups noreply@community.allstarlink.org wrote:

chelstrom

February 18

Thanks for the replies. Turns out I needed to invert the COS signal in the configuration and it started working.

I’m able to use most commands, but find *81 and *80 don’t seem to work. I get a tone after unkeying, but no information comes through. *70 works and *340894 works, so don’t understand why I can’t get ID and time to work - am I missing something? Thanks, Curt

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.