My Node will trigger their node as soon as someone release their PTT

My Allstar Link is finally working. The set up is the repeater is link to the Maxtrac radio where the RIM board is connected. Someone mentioned to me that my node will trigger the node as soon as someone releases their PTT. Like someone was trying to break into their QSO so I have to disconnect from their node. Someone may know the issue I have and appreciate the advise.

You’re getting a kickback. That’s fixed with rxondelay. Take a look at this…

https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/Troubleshooting#Breaking_the_keying_loop_between_two_simplex_nodes

1 Like

Hello Tim, Thank you for your response and advise. I am using SimpleUSB, and I will increase the rxondelay to 20, required 20ms interval. thank you.

Hi Tim,
I waited until I completed the other Node to connect to DMR.
I still have the issue that after you release the PTT, after a couple of seconds, it will trigger again the node and it seems like someone is breaking in. I shutdown the repeater and found out that it maybe coming from the repeater. Is there other adjustments I need to do other than increasing rxondelay? Thank you…
Node A is a link radio with RX and TX to the repeater analog.
Node B is a bridge from ASL to DMR.

Is the repeater’s node (node A) set to duplex=2?

Hi Tim,
If I set the rpt_conf to repeater duplex=2, the repeater and the link radio is going on a loop and will not stop. I tried it again, and I know that I did that set up before. Set up to rpt_conf, duplex=2, and tried all kinds of combination and the repeater and link radio are going on a loop. I am using a repeater builder interface board.
What I noticed is that when I transmit on the repeater no issue or return trigger, but when I transmit on D-Star, DMR or echolink, there is a return, and others thing that I am trying to get into the QSO. I just have to explain that I have this issue.
I shutdown the analog repeater MTR2K with STM32-DVM plug in board, and the issue I have on the D-star, DMR and echolink is gone. It must be coming from the repeater MTR2K.

Ahh, the plot thickens. So, you have this Introducing The STM32-DVM-MTR2K – KS-DMR Network setup? You’ll need to decide which device will do the repeating. Have your tried duplex=0 with linktolink=yes? That will set your node to allow an external device be the repeater. If you’re still getting kick back then the problem sits somewhere in your equipment.