Motorola GM300 and allstar issues

Hi, I have 2 Motorola GM300 radios with the 16 pin connectors. Both radios have the masked logic boards, so the pins are not programmable. I purchased the RIM-Maxtrac-RM to connect both radios and my PI to set up a repeater. Both radios (GM300) worked when I had mikes on them and could communicate with local repeaters and simplex. I removed the jumpers from the back that allowed the internal speaker and connected the RIM-Maxtrac-RM. The lights flash on the card that goes into the 16 pin port on the radio. The radios are configured as follows:

Receive radio – has mic jumper in mic port

Transmit 446.9000

Receive 441.9000

PL 107.2

Transmit radio – nothing in mic port

Transmit 446.9000

Receive 441.9000

PL 107.2

In all star link, I have the following:

[general]

[usb]

Montorola GM300 with COS inverted

eeprom=0

rxboost=0

carrierfrom=no

ctssfrom=usb

invertetptt=0

plfilter=yes

deemphasis=no

preemphasis=no

rxaudiodelay=0

under simpleusb_tune_usb.conf

[usb}

; name=usb

devstr=1-1:1.0

rxmixerset=500

txmixaset=500

txmixbset=500

I am not getting anything using a handheld trying to key up the repeater. Any ideas? Nothing like being a newbie.

KD6YTS

Lewis

It those boards don’t have COS and P/L output pins programed it’s going to be a problem. One possible alternative is to use usbradio rather than simpleusb. But you’ll need discriminator audio (speaker audio won’t work) for the DSP functions of COS and P/L.

Edit: This might help
http://www.batlabs.com/gm300.html

Would reconnecting the jumper and disconnecting the actual speaker be a valid option ?