Kerchunk filter

I’m using ASL 2.0.0 and USBradio. is there a way to implement a kerchunk filter?

Not exactly a kechunk filter, but you might try rxondelay=xx
each xx numeric represents 20ms of time
I would start with 10 and go up 5 till you get it.
You will need to restart asterisk to read new values each time.

This is a delay value of what becomes a valid cos after crossing it

you might try playing with:
rxaudiodelay

I think it someone drops the PTT before the audio starts coming out on the air then the repeater never keys up. Its worth a try.

rxondelay, on the other hand, is only supposed to be effective when the repeater has already been transmitting.

I think rxaudiodelay is a squelch tail eliminator.

Yeah it is.
But think about how it works. Let’s say it is set to 300 ms (15 * 20 ms),
It works by basically never sending the last 300 ms of receive audio, which are assumed to be the length of the squelch tail.
What would it do if the signal was less than 300 ms?
It would send nothing.
Sounds like a kerchunk filter to me.

Ken

That would fail to stop full rx acknowledgement by the system and prevent a short static pop from getting a CT and additional hang time of the tx. hence kerchunk/short key.
That appears to be his issue as stated…

Tnx everyone.

I have
rxsquelchdelay = 5
rxondelay = 0

with DSP squelch and DSP CTCSS that gives a really nice roll off and no squelch tail and no echo after user unkeys.

Listening to the input freq, someone is definitely randomly kerchunking the repeater without ID. This didn’t happen when we were using a digital tone squelch. So guess there is not much I can do at this point.

just to repeat the original suggestion: uuse
rxaudiodelay = (some value)
you do not show that one in your config.

Ken

rxondelay is simply a delay between the time a actual radio cos is seen by the system and the time it actually triggers the rx signal in the controller and tx and starts all the other timers.

each value of ‘1’ is 20ms so a value of 4 = 40ms

Using values to high like 12 and up, you will find you will loose the beginning word of those quick talkers. But sometimes it is a cure for what ill’s you.

AllStar needs a real kerchunk filter. Using rxondelay is not satisfactory in most cases.

I’m scratching my head because I can’t find rxaudiodelay. What config file?

tnx

Depends on your channel driver: either simpleusb.conf or usbradio.conf. Most people use simpleusb.

Look for rxondelay:
simpleusb.conf:;rxondelay = 0 ; number of 20ms intervals to hold off receiver turn-on indication
usbradio.conf:rxondelay = 0 ; Number of 20mSec intervals following the release of PTT.

Apparently, my math is going downhill with age… LOL (along with other things)…
rxondelay = 4 is 80ms

I might add that it has been my experience that this is a excellent way to rid yourself of much qrm where it can keep the system from going into ‘sleep mode’.
It does not fit all situations, but a tool like many others.