K tone after over on local RF mode and Kerchunking

Hi all

Currently new to Allstar and have a node setup. using 2x GM340’s, modified sound device. All working great but I would really like to have a K tone in-between overs on local RF. Can this be done?

Also I would like to set a Kerchunking setting on my repeater. Can this been done?

I am using HamVoip firmware 1.7.06 Allstar and Asterisk 1.4.23-pre.hanvoip-V1.7.1-04 app_rpt-0.327-01/22/2022.
Any help would be much apricated.

Regards

Paul

I am assuming that by K tone, you mean a courtesy tone of a cw ‘K’

See courtesy tones. You can make your own.
https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/Courtesy_Tones

There is a setting of rxondelay=xx

This is the min time as signal is present before it is acknowledged as a valid signal by the software.Each numuric value represents about 20ms of time.
So a value of 5 is 100ms.

It can be used to avoid light interference ‘pops’ and if you do not make it very high, it will not effect much as to normal operation.

If you make the number to high, likely you will be cutting off the beginning of normal speech.
Or, your users otherwise will have to be aware of it.

Hi Mike

wow, thanks for the feedback.

I saw the link for the Courtesy tone and have read it many times. Its not as easy it I though.

So what I am after is a the letter K in Morse to be active in between overs.

What is my the correct command line for this, is it the unlnkedct command? But what frequency do I need for the K? unlinkedct = ct2, ct2=|t(660,880,150,2048)

Sorry but i am not getting it fully.

Regards

Paul

I believe one of the example CT’s is a cw k. I could be wrong.

You should try them all and see what is there
But be sure to set the right one for testing.
I would disconnect all links and use the first
Dont forget to restart after changes.

unlinkedct=ct2 < < <
remotect=ct3
linkunkeyct=ct8
nolocallinkct=0

Hi Mike

Tried all the CT2 to 8 and no K in Morse, will see if google can help? Must be easy >>>>> Did hear the tone change but no a K.

Regards

Paul P

Hi Mike

Found it, so changed unlinkedct=ct8 in courtesy tone mapping. Then went down to near the bottom and change in Telemetry courtesy tone definitions CT8 to ct8=|iK

I now have a K.

Regards

paul

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.