Jim Dixon's passing, and Allstar Link transition

Hello everyone,

It is with deep regret that my long time friend Jim Dixon passed away on 12/16. I've known Jim since we were teenagers,
and our interest in electronics engineering was self-reinforcing for both of us. Jim was a bright and caring individual
who really loved socializing with others.

With regard to Allstar Link, Jim did give me access to the servers, and I have been working to transition control to
Steve Zingman N4IRS. He will take over management of Allstar Link. We are doing a lot of work behind the scenes to make
sure that Allstar Link continues to be as Jim envisioned it.

In the near term, Steve and his team will create a non-profit entity forAllstar Link. Management of Allstar Link is
such that it requires a team of individuals all working together to ensure its long term viability. We currently have
atransition team in place running the day-to-day operations, node numbers, etc.

Final note: At this time donations to Jim's Paypal account should not be
sent to his account since we don't have control over it. We will set up something soon to handle incoming
donations,and will let everyone know when it is in place.

Steve
WA6ZFT

Hello everyone,

It is with deep regret that my long time friend Jim Dixon passed away on 12/16. I've known Jim since we were teenagers,
and our interest in electronics engineering was self-reinforcing for both of us. Jim was a bright and caring individual

With regard to Allstar Link, Jim did give me access to the servers, and I have been working to transition control to
Steve Zingman N4IRS. He will take over management of Allstar Link. We are doing a lot of work behind the scenes to make

In the near term, Steve and his team will create a non-profit entity for Allstar Link. Management of Allstar Link is
such that it requires a team of individuals all working together to ensure its long term viability. We currently have
a transition team in place running the day-to-day operations, node numbers, etc.

sent to his account since we don't have control over it. We will set up something soon to handle incoming

Steve
WA6ZFT

<-- Hello Steve: Very sad news. Jim has certainly made a huge impact with an open-source / cost effective VoIP / RoIP linking solution, which quickly grew world-wide. I was one of the early adopters in Canada and Allstar linking has certainly taken-off up here. Furthermore, I have been using the base infrastructure for a couple of PBX installs.

Jim's wit and sense of humor will be greatly missed.

RIP my friend.... we never did get to share those "chana" in CA!

73!

Ramesh, VA3UV

···

On 2016-12-26 3:40 PM, Steve Rodgers wrote:

Hello everyone,

In the near term, Steve and his team will create a non-profit entity for Allstar Link. Management of Allstar Link is
a transition team in place running the day-to-day operations, node numbers, etc.

Steve
WA6ZFT

oh snap. RIP, Jim. Your contributions will be long remembered.

···

Bryan

Sent from my iPhone 6S…No electrons were harmed in the sending of this message.

On Dec 26, 2016, at 15:40, Steve Rodgers steve@rodgers619.com wrote:

Hello everyone,

It is with deep regret that my long time friend Jim Dixon passed away on 12/16. I’ve known Jim since we were teenagers,

Final note: At this time donations to Jim’s Paypal account should not be
sent to his account since we don’t have control over it. We will set up something soon to handle incoming

Steve
WA6ZFT

App_rpt-users mailing list
App_rpt-users@ohnosec.org
http://ohnosec.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users

To unsubscribe from this list please visit http://ohnosec.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Enter your email address and press the “Unsubscribe or edit options button”
You do not need a password to unsubscribe, you can do it via email confirmation. If you have trouble unsubscribing, please send a message to the list detailing the problem.

Personally I am going to miss Jim's bubbly personality and humor, at the core he was just a
good person!

Although Allstar Link will live on and hopefully in the vision and direction that Jim would
have wanted, I am not sure there is any one single person
that could contribute to the project as much as Jim did. He will be greatly missed.

RIP aka "DUDE" Jim Dixon - WB6NIL

Marshall

···

-----Original Message-----
From: app_rpt-users-bounces@ohnosec.org [mailto:app_rpt-users-bounces@ohnosec.org] On Behalf Of
Steve Rodgers
Sent: Monday, December 26, 2016 10:59 AM
To: app_rpt-users@ohnosec.org
Subject: [App_rpt-users] Jim Dixon's passing, and Allstar Link transition

Hello everyone,

It is with deep regret that my long time friend Jim Dixon passed away on 12/16. I've known Jim
since we were teenagers, and our interest in electronics engineering was self-reinforcing for
both of us. Jim was a bright and caring individual who really loved socializing with others.

With regard to Allstar Link, Jim did give me access to the servers, and I have been working to
transition control to Steve Zingman N4IRS. He will take over management of Allstar Link. We are
doing a lot of work behind the scenes to make sure that Allstar Link continues to be as Jim
envisioned it.

In the near term, Steve and his team will create a non-profit entity forAllstar Link.
Management of Allstar Link is such that it requires a team of individuals all working together
to ensure its long term viability. We currently have atransition team in place running the
day-to-day operations, node numbers, etc.

Final note: At this time donations to Jim's Paypal account should not be sent to his account
since we don't have control over it. We will set up something soon to handle incoming

Steve
WA6ZFT

To unsubscribe from this list please visit
http://ohnosec.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users and scroll down to the bottom of the
page. Enter your email address and press the "Unsubscribe or edit options button"
You do not need a password to unsubscribe, you can do it via email confirmation. If you have
trouble unsubscribing, please send a message to the list detailing the problem.

Greetings Steve & All,

We are definitely saddened to hear about Jim’s passing. The Dude was always there to provide guidance when I first stood up the Hawaii/Mainland Allstarlink network. He definitely was a trailblazer. I am glad to have had the opportunity to talk to him several times through the years about Ham Radio and other of his interests. He will be missed. I will continue to pledge support to the Alsltarlink group as Jim would have wanted it to continue on.

Rest in peace Jim

73 and Aloha

Dave

AH6OD

27196, 28387, 28508, 41174, 42760

···

On Mon, Dec 26, 2016 at 1:58 PM, Steve Rodgers steve@rodgers619.com wrote:

Hello everyone,

It is with deep regret that my long time friend Jim Dixon passed away on 12/16. I’ve known Jim since we were teenagers,

In the near term, Steve and his team will create a non-profit entity forAllstar Link. Management of Allstar Link is

atransition team in place running the day-to-day operations, node numbers, etc.

Final note: At this time donations to Jim’s Paypal account should not be

sent to his account since we don’t have control over it. We will set up something soon to handle incoming

Steve

WA6ZFT

App_rpt-users mailing list

App_rpt-users@ohnosec.org

http://ohnosec.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users

To unsubscribe from this list please visit http://ohnosec.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Enter your email address and press the “Unsubscribe or edit options button”

You do not need a password to unsubscribe, you can do it via email confirmation. If you have trouble unsubscribing, please send a message to the list detailing the problem.