Interfacing a Motorola Quantar Repeater to a Radio Interface for AllStar

A number of people have asked me how to do this so I wrote the attached PDF with a link to the code plug for the repeater. Posting here so people can search and find it hopefully.
73, Adrian
VE7NZ
Interfacing A Motorola Quantar to AllStar-IRLP or Similar.pdf (371.1 KB)

Thanks for the article Adrian. The link to download your code plug at dropbox is not working. I’ve built the interface cable per your specification and I would very much appreciate a copy of that code plug.

my call @ arrl.net or a link where I can download.

Thanks again,
Ken
W4NOC
29910, 27201

Ken check your email
Adrian is a bit hard to find at times

de k9wkj

Message received. I see how it works.
Thanks for the help!
Ken
W4NOC

Hi Ken, looks like you got the file. If not or you have any issues just email me at my callsign @rac.ca - feel free to say hello to me when you have it working on node 517300 (www.thecanadahub.ca) or just put out a general “hello” on the network and someone will come back to you I am sure. 73, Adrian VE7NZ

1 Like

Hi Adrian,

It is great solution. I have it in service on a 900mhz Quantar using the DMK URIx. I will test with a RA-42 later this week. Then I’ll prepare 2 additional interface cables to implement on another 900 Quantar and a 442 Quantro later this month.

Thanks again,
Ken
W4NOC

1 Like

I am also interested in seeing how you all set yours up. Mine was working and now it’s not. I’m not sure what happened. I don’t have any audio coming out of #30 on the 50 pin where I once did before. Maybe something on the card fried. Any ideas?