Install ASL AMD from .iso file to hard drive

Brain freeze here? On my Windows10 PC, I downloaded the AMD ASL .iso file. It is too large to write to a CD, so now I need to create a bootable hard drive directly from the .iso file? How to I proceed to install ASL to a hard drive, then install that drive to my mini PC?

Burn the .iso to a USB stick. Put the USB stick in the mini PC and set the BIOS to boot from external removable media. Follow the install procedure.

I’m not sure what Windows 10 software you need to use to burn the .iso, I’m a Mac guy. Google it. I’m sure there’s a ton of options.

BTW, I’m pretty sure ASL will fit on a CD.

one popular program for making a bootable thumb drive is Rufus

https://rufus.ie/

I have used it where the computer in question would not boot off the optical drive image.

Also - if some program will not fit on a CDROM you can use a DVD.

Ken

I burned mine to a bootable DVD disc. I have tried RUFUS writing to a memory stick and when I boot the memory stick the install got as far as the network config and failed. Still learning and trying different things. Good luck.

Steve, what did you use to write to a DVD. NERO refuses to write the CD image to a DVD.

I used ImgBurn to burn ASL_1.01-20180417-amd64-i386-debian-stretch-netinst.iso and did the 32 bit install.

image.png

···

On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 7:58 AM lengriff@optimum.net via AllStarLink Discussion Groups noreply@community.allstarlink.org wrote:

lengriff

March 13

Steve, what did you use to write to a DVD. NERO refuses to write the CD image to a DVD.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

Steve_Arntz

February 29

I burned mine to a bootable DVD disc. I have tried RUFUS writing to a memory stick and when I boot the memory stick the install got as far as the network config and failed. Still learning and trying different things. Good luck.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Thanks Steve. I finally managed to install from a USB stick.

What did you have to do to get it to work. I finally got the 64 Bit version of the load to work. I had to recompile dahdi. Now I’m dealing with intermittent stuttering audio. I have custom announcement audio and scheduling working as well. I don’t really care for the voice of Allison. Too slurpy for me.

• RECOMPILING dahdi *

repeater@test:~$ su
Password: xxxxxx

cd /usr/src

ls -l

cd asl-dahdi-linux-2.11.1

make

make install

reboot